Need help with Foobar FOFR skin installation.
Jan 11, 2008 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

legcramp

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi there, can anyone help me with the installation of this plugin and applying it? I am having a really hard time trying to get it to work with Foobar as far as getting the skin applied.

Step by step would be nice, thanks
frown.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 9
I would be glad to help, but foobar is on my home rig, and I'm still at work. First thing I would probably check is if you have all the plugins required for the skin. Some skins are finicky with the plugins, especially the PanelUI component. There is a newer version of it required for some skins, and is not posted on the official site.

Jan 11, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 9
I got it working finally.

Jan 12, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #6 of 9
First of all, doing this by memory, as I'm on my Ubuntu rig here. Get a clean install of Foobar2000 on first. This means wiping out all the profiles and program files, and installing a fresh new copy of it onto your computer. Download all the required components onto your computer, unzip all the *.dll files into the component folder. CWB Hooks is an essential plugin required, and without it, it will not work. Some of the plugins are optional, but it is recommended you get them. After that, install all the required fonts listed. Get the FofR config files, and unzip everything into your PanelsUI folder in the Foobar2000 program folder. You might want to start up Foobar just once and set the default UI to PanelsUI to have foobar create the folder for you first. Once you get that, go to foobar preferences, to the PanelsUI bar, and set it to the FofR pui. It should then spit out the config screen.

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #7 of 9
I am having trouble getting the album art to appear. My album art is embedded in the mp3 & flac file tag. It works in the default/normal view but I can't get it to work in FofR.

I know it has something to do with these configuration settings and I can tell their wrong but what do they need to be?

$puts(coverPath,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,fol der.*))
$puts(artistPath,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,ar tist.*))

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #8 of 9
One weird thing about PanelsUI is that it doesn't support embedded album art, at least in my experience. Only solution to it is to have a folder.jpg in each album folder to get album art displaying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back