need help with first iem's
Mar 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

13gsc13

Head-Fier
I'm a new member and researched my first higher quality headphones here and bought Shure SRH840 couple months ago and really like their sound signature - I had Koss PortaPro which I've had for about a year before the Shures
I'm not a basshead - I like the mids and highs - and really like the sound stage of the 840's
So my next step is getting iem's
I'm looking for a pair that have the same or very similar sound like the 840's
Like I said I really like the sound stage of the 840's and would like the iem's to be as good
I listen to just about every type of music but lean towards classic rock/pop (70's), old time country and modern country
The iem's will be used mostly while sitting or walking - no excercising with them
They will be connected to my smartphone
I'm looking for something in the $100-200 range - would probably buy used to get better ones
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Gord

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I'm a new member and researched my first higher quality headphones here and bought Shure SRH840 couple months ago and really like their sound signature - I had Koss PortaPro which I've had for about a year before the Shures
I'm not a basshead - I like the mids and highs - and really like the sound stage of the 840's
So my next step is getting iem's
I'm looking for a pair that have the same or very similar sound like the 840's
Like I said I really like the sound stage of the 840's and would like the iem's to be as good
I listen to just about every type of music but lean towards classic rock/pop (70's), old time country and modern country
The iem's will be used mostly while sitting or walking - no excercising with them
They will be connected to my smartphone
I'm looking for something in the $100-200 range - would probably buy used to get better ones
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Gord

Large stage, all-rounder - GR07/BA200 sounds like the ticket. Great stage size on both, imaging is a strength on the VSonics while the TDKs lay everything out very 3-dimensionally. The entire sound on the BA200s are especially cohesive and smooth, very smooth. Something like the RE262/PFE122/W2s would be more similar to the SRH840 though. Stage is not as large as the other two though.

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 4
I have the KOSS KDX200

best pair of headphones I've ever owned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back