Need help with completing my system
Mar 8, 2019 at 11:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

HUNGJI

New Head-Fier
Hello, I bought a HD650 many years ago but never used it. i am planning on getting a HDVA600 recently and try to build a system. I want to use my desktop to listen to music. What are the components i'm missing here? Do I need to get a DAC? The motherboard i'm using is Gigabyte H370 gaming 3 Wifi. Should I get an internal audio card for my computer? Thank you all!

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 18
Hello, I bought a HD650 many years ago but never used it. i am planning on getting a HDVA600 recently and try to build a system. I want to use my desktop to listen to music. What are the components i'm missing here? Do I need to get a DAC? The motherboard i'm using is Gigabyte H370 gaming 3 Wifi. Should I get an internal audio card for my computer? Thank you all!
You are looking to get an HDVA600 in the future? If so, what attracted you to it? Are you open to other options if people have them and want to offer them?

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 18
You need a DAC to go with the HDVA600. Either a good internal sound card, or an external solution. You can also look at integrated DAC+amp gear. There is plenty out there, but you really need to set a budget to get sensible recommendations. Some of it goes for as much as (good) a used car.

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 18
You need a DAC to go with the HDVA600. Either a good internal sound card, or an external solution. You can also look at integrated DAC+amp gear. There is plenty out there, but you really need to set a budget to get sensible recommendations. Some of it goes for as much as (good) a used car.

I found a deal for hdva600 on eBay. It’s $700, brand new. I was thinking about getting a Asus Xonar D2/PM on eBay too. It’s around $100. My budget is around $800 for amp+dac. Is that a good option? Any recommendation? Thank you for your reply.

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #6 of 18
HD650s really love tube amps,if youre willing to go down that road.

Mar 8, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #8 of 18
The La Figaro 339 is within your budget. I used to own,very solid.
Many members like the Bottlehead Crack,but you need to build it yourself.
Some like the budget minded Darkvoice 336. No experience with it,so do your research.
If youre not in a hurry,you can have a basic Glenn OTL made. I currently own an advanced version of it,and i consider my search over for a fantastic tube amp. Spoke to Glenn yesterday and he is booked until the early summer for builds,but IMO its worth the wait.

Mar 8, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #9 of 18
The Asus Xonar D2 is a pretty good sound card. The Essence ST/STX would be better, but that might cut the amplifier budget too short.

Mar 8, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #10 of 18
I think the Bottlehead Crack is a great amp for the 650’s and also a Massdrop Cavalli Tube Hybrid is also very good and you can get it with the SDac option for a all in one solution.

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #13 of 18
Hello, I bought a HD650 many years ago but never used it. i am planning on getting a HDVA600 recently and try to build a system. I want to use my desktop to listen to music. What are the components i'm missing here? Do I need to get a DAC? The motherboard I'm using is Gigabyte H370 gaming 3 Wifi. Should I get an internal audio card for my computer? Thank you all!
Better bang for the buck.
http://www.audio-gd.com/Products-EN.htm

Mar 8, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #15 of 18
I think the Bottlehead Crack is a great amp for the 650’s and also a Massdrop Cavalli Tube Hybrid is also very good and you can get it with the SDac option for a all in one solution.

I wouldn’t need an internal sound card if I get the SDac version right? Will desktop’s motherboard built-in audio card affect the quality? Thank you so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back