Need help with choosing an amp for my ( Altec Lansing inMotion iM716 Earphones )
Sep 8, 2011 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Adamblue

New Head-Fier
Hello Guys
I've been reading Head-fi for quite some time now and there are a lot of experts here that helped me make my decision
so now I need your help guys
I have an Altec Lansing inMotion iM716 Headphones and as some may know it's a low impedance earphones and very inefficient I used different sources to listen to music and everytime I had to crank up the volume to the max but the earphones still sound very low (I used 2 mobile phones,my pc and laptop and a mp3 player as source with very little difference in volume)
so I started searching here for a good affordable portable amp and I found the Fiio E11 to be a good match
Now my question:  Is the Fiio E11 a good choice with my low impedance earphone ? will there be any loud hissing when used? and should I use my mobile phone as a source (I have a nokia 5800) ??? My main concern is that It won't work with my earphone because of the low impedance value (19 Ohm ,I think) or cause loud distortion !!
Obviously I'm not an audiophile and I don't want the very best sound I just want it to be the best I can afford
I hope you can help me with your recommendations..
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back