Need help with ATH-M50
Jul 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Aroc55

New Head-Fier
Sorry if there are threads for this already but i haven't been finding the answers i'm looking for and i've been searching for weeks now.
im looking for information on the ATH-M50 headphones. couple questions:

1. how is the leakage? will people be able to hear the music at around 50-75%?

2. comfort. been getting mixed messages from people some saying they are uncomfortable after a couple hours and others saying they are perfectly fine for wearing for hours on end.

3. one of the important ones (for me anyways) cant find info on this at all. size. i need a comparison in size. whats the size difference between these and the Turtle Beach x11? (the only things i have to compare them too :p) because im not too keen on walking around in public with giant cans on my head.

4. what is the recommended burn in time? some people have said 5 hours others say 48 and some say 100. (with a minority saying burn in is pointless)

once again i apoligize for possibly repeating an already made thread but i need to know before purchase. thanks in advance! :D

Edit: also forgot to mention i'm relatively new to quality headphones so please dumb down information so i can understand it! thanks :p

Jul 5, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 4
1. The leakage is fine, as their are designed for studio usage, the sound leakage is minimal.
2. It will get hot after few hours of listening, mainly due to the reason of material they use, for better sound isolation.
3.not too sure on that, as i nv use turtle beach headphone before, but it's moderate size.
4.burn in is really depend, you can take your time to do that, even after 100 or 200 hours, it still has the effect on that.

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for the information. i suppose i can live with it if i find they are a bit big for me that wont be too much of an issue. as for the heat i guess thats not a bad thing for winter time when i'm outside lol, good for keeping the ears warm. i also guess i could do like a 48 hour burn in and let it happen naturally over the course of their use. thanks again for the info you've been helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back