Need help - USB DAC to LDAC
Jun 13, 2023 at 5:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FNSV

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I am in bit of a conundrum here. My old phone which supported LDAC was destroyed during an accident so I bought a cheaper phone as a replacement. I really miss the LDAC support and another phone upgrade won't be on the horizon for a while.

My question is: I need a device that will connect to the phone over USB, and then transmit the sound over LDAC. Does such a device exist? I was looking into the Shanling M0 but apparently it doesn't support that. Do you know if FiiO BTR3K supports this? I would be open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Jun 13, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #2 of 3
Only some DAP can acts as BT transmitter for LDAC. BT adapter such as BTR3K can only acts as receiver but NOT transmitter.

The same question has been asked many many times here in the forum, and I don't think anyone has came out with a particularly satisfying answer.

Jun 13, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #3 of 3
How about finding an inexpensive phone on eBay that supports ldac and just using it for playback? Keep it on a charger and free up your phone at the same time. Phones are such a commodity that used prices at auction can be great. I got a Google Pixel 2 for $30 with shipping just for taking photos with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back