Need help Ultrasone DJ1 Bass
Oct 19, 2011 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BinaryReaper

New Head-Fier
Hello I think this might even be my first post here. I have a pair of Ultrasone Dj1's I bought about a year ago and want to try and get more bass out of them. (specifically in relation to my computer!)

Running them through my ipod 1st or 2nd gen ipod touch with the bass Enhancer on I get a pretty great response. But when I run it through my computer I get a pretty dead and flat response.

Is the sound card to fault or what would be the issue?

My setup chain is Sound Blaster audigey SE (20$ bucks I think 4-5) years ago ->  int the control console of a logitech Z-5500 5.1 -> Ultrasone Dj1 cans.

Now with that speaker system bass would not normally be an issue but this dam apartment is not bass friendly...I'm going for basement apartment next time... in any case I should be able to get my computer to perform at least on par with an ipod.... my budget is ~124 dollars (woot woot government hst cheque! ) Ideally free solutions like software or tweaking some settings would also be nice.

Lay it on me!

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 4
What happens when you use your iPod without the bass enhancer ? It could be because you computer is coloring the sound or it could be because you just want more bass.

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 4
With or without the ``Bass Enhancer`` on I still notice a quality difference between the computer and the ipod. (Quality of sound, and quality of bass)

Does this mean I should get an amp? or a better sound card? or drivers/software EQ? (mine are up to date) Or is it simply an issue of plugging the headphones into the surround sound console vs the sound card?

Also of the three which would make the biggest difference for the money?

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #4 of 4
The iPod Touch 4G measures ruler falt in terms of FR and the old ones should sound close. If the bass on your computer is not doing so well, maybe a USB DAC/amp bypassing everything could fix it. A lot of the computer headphone jacks have high output impedance which colors the sound, that could be the reason your DJ1 doesn't sound right. Perhaps the new FiiO E10 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back