Need help to test the 20,000 sound tracks music library firmware for X5 !
Oct 6, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #31 of 86
Yes on continuous sound you can't miss it, there is a real issue there !

And I am not sure but what are the odds that two people have exactly 6500 songs on their devices ? (I just checked on the X5 i don't know how to count the files on the cards) I suspect an other bug here...

I don't think it's the number of files.  Also, I have around 6500, not exactly -- I just watched the counter from time to time as the X5 indexed.  I'm betting that they "stole" memory from the buffers for gapless to make room to index more files.

Oct 6, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #32 of 86
I don't think it's the number of files.  Also, I have around 6500, not exactly -- I just watched the counter from time to time as the X5 indexed.  I'm betting that they "stole" memory from the buffers for gapless to make room to index more files.

Exactly what I was thinking.
No idea what Fiio is doing, but a test involving long files (audio books for example) is a good idea

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #33 of 86
Like I said on files larger than 20 minutes I encountered some discontinuity.
The file "System Volume Information" is no longer created by the X5 so it seems they changed their process for building the library.
I don't understand why they don't want to use the memory of the SD card to build the library, because these are flash memory with very low access time, and reading speed at least 5 times over the bitrate of the tracks we want to play, maybe all this come from their memory controller... 

Oct 6, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #34 of 86
I had suggested using the SD card for index storage a long time ago.  My recollection was that Joe indicated that the programmers were working on that.  I don't think file length matters.  A gapless buffer should be FIFO, so it would only need to be large enough to accommodate whatever is the internal delay in reading the next file.  I would think the number of tracks might be a factor, as the gaps would accumulate.  Then again, I can also think of strategies that wouldn't require a buffer at all, assuming the CPU is fast enough -- it would just be a prefetch architecture.  Of course, I'm not any kind of an IT professional -- it's pretty easy for me to sit here and say, "Well, this is how I would do it . . ." :) 

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #35 of 86
I have had several freeze-ups with this firmware.  Not positive but seemed to be associated with using the forward button to skip from the currently playing track to the next track.  The X5 locked up solidly in the now playing screen and had to use the hard reset as none of the buttons would respond including power button.
Otherwise this firmware did allow a full build of the music library (~5400 tracks) which did not work on the last firmware (Firmware 2.2).  My Tracks are all WMA Lossless ripped with dbPoweramp.

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #36 of 86
  I have had several freeze-ups with this firmware.  Not positive but seemed to be associated with using the forward button to skip from the currently playing track to the next track.  The X5 locked up solidly in the now playing screen and had to use the hard reset as none of the buttons would respond including power button.
Otherwise this firmware did allow a full build of the music library (~5400 tracks) which did not work on the last firmware (Firmware 2.2).  My Tracks are all WMA Lossless ripped with dbPoweramp.

I've run into one myself.  First time I've encountered a freeze up with any of the firmwares (instability with some betas, yes but no freezes).  For me though, I was able to power off and on again so didn't need the reset.  I hope FiiO can fix the issues because we need the file handling capability.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #38 of 86
Hi!
In my player 11266 songs. i use Shuffle mode Resume mode is Last position. When i turn off my X5 and turn on later it plays last song from last position but next song is number 9522. when i turn off on song 9522 it play twice. *.ape not supported.
order  of songs after turn on is last position, 9522, 9456, 3423, 146, 600, 4593, 5587, 8891, 7731, 4739, 1008, ... no matter what is Last position order is same after each turn on  %) it really hurts :)
And i very very need lock screen mode when  blocked all buttons excepting power button.

Oct 23, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #40 of 86
Same here, damn thing freezes after playing only 1 song each time. I gave up on Fiio , gone back to Ibasso DX50 , which paired with CAL2 and Momentum on ear sounds like audiophile nirvana to my ears, something that Fiio X5 never managed to achive.

Oct 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #41 of 86
Same here, damn thing freezes after playing only 1 song each time. I gave up on Fiio , gone back to Ibasso DX50 , which paired with CAL2 and Momentum on ear sounds like audiophile nirvana to my ears, something that Fiio X5 never managed to achive.

Hey, that's what mine does with this beta firmware. Doesn't do that with any other firmware, though, so I just rolled back and am in a holding pattern until they get the bugs worked out.

Oct 24, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #43 of 86
I know but file number limit is not my cup of tea and i have only 9871 files mostly lossless and I dislike when player can't see almost half of them. Fiio get your act together some of us are getting frustrated.

With all due respect, I think you are missing the point of this thread.  Fiio IS getting its act together with respect to file number limitation.  That's why they've released a beta version that addresses exactly that.

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #44 of 86
  With all due respect, I think you are missing the point of this thread.  Fiio IS getting its act together with respect to file number limitation.  That's why they've released a beta version that addresses exactly that.

I disagree. Months are passing with very little progress to show for it. Since they wrote the firmware in the first place and have only one model to test it on the delay seems unnecessary, bordering on rude. If I had to guess I'd say that they have diverted almost all resources to X7 development and left a few of their less blessed engineers to mop up X5 issues.  

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #45 of 86
Sorry, but releasing firmware that fixes one issue (that for the player with 2 microsd slots and support for unlimited amount of storage shouldn't have even been an issue at the first place!) and creates few other problems that in my view render this player utterly useless, it's not working on it, or at least there is no suffient testing completed before release. I paid for my player and I don't like the idea to be a guinea pig for manufacturers who had been around for a while and they should know better. I thought that Cowon was slack, hell no- they are actually pretty good comparing with Fiio. Sorry for the rant, but I need fixes for the issues not exuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back