Need help repairing my old headset
Jul 19, 2017 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DivS

New Head-Fier
Hi there,
I am new to this community.
I had genius hs-g500v for 4 years, which stopped working recently.though m buying superlux hd681 evo(are they good?) For future use,i wish i could fix my dead headset.

So here's what happened.an year ago,the wire insulation at the end of jack started wearing off and the joint between the wire at that point became weak.now,sometimes the sound from the headphones was low and it felt as if either of the two earcups is not making any sound.just a little twist at the end of jack would solve the problem.but with time,this problem became frequent.one day,i twisted the end and volume dropped to a level next to nill and nothing was clear.i concluded that the connection broke.so i thought of replacing the jack.there weren't any replacement jack in nearby stores.instead i found some dead headphones and took off the wire along with the jack.i tried to join that wire to my headphone at the point where it broke.

to my surprise,it still sounded same and one earcup felt dead.now my headset had a vibration feature.so i connected the headphones usb connector for vibration.it amplified the sound,made it a bit clear and i could clearly tell that one earcup was indeed dead.but that vibration function isnt meant to function that way.this was strange.
Any help is appreciated.thank you

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 5
It's possible you just wired it wrong, double check your connections maybe? A picture would help.

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 5
dxu0H5

Firstly.sorry for the delay.i was not at home
Secondly.sorry for bad image quality.

The wire on top is from the headphone.and the wire on bottom is going to the jack.

May 20, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi DivS!

I had a question to you.
When you used your headphone Genus HS G500V, did you keep the volume scroll to maximum and change the system sound to adjust volume or would you always use the volume scroll on your headphone and keep the system sound to a max?
Thanks!

May 20, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #5 of 5
Hi there,
I am new to this community.
I had genius hs-g500v for 4 years, which stopped working recently.though m buying superlux hd681 evo(are they good?) For future use,i wish i could fix my dead headset.

So here's what happened.an year ago,the wire insulation at the end of jack started wearing off and the joint between the wire at that point became weak.now,sometimes the sound from the headphones was low and it felt as if either of the two earcups is not making any sound.just a little twist at the end of jack would solve the problem.but with time,this problem became frequent.one day,i twisted the end and volume dropped to a level next to nill and nothing was clear.i concluded that the connection broke.so i thought of replacing the jack.there weren't any replacement jack in nearby stores.instead i found some dead headphones and took off the wire along with the jack.i tried to join that wire to my headphone at the point where it broke.

to my surprise,it still sounded same and one earcup felt dead.now my headset had a vibration feature.so i connected the headphones usb connector for vibration.it amplified the sound,made it a bit clear and i could clearly tell that one earcup was indeed dead.but that vibration function isnt meant to function that way.this was strange.
Any help is appreciated.thank you

Hi DivS!

I had a question to you.
When you used your headphone Genus HS G500V, did you keep the volume scroll to maximum and change the system sound to adjust volume or would you always use the volume scroll on your headphone and keep the system sound to a max?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back