Need help on Sennheiser HD820 headphones replacement cable.
Jan 8, 2021 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shysteve40

New Head-Fier
Hi, Guys Steve here from New York. I have the Sennheiser HD820 headphones. I am using them with this, headphone amplifier. Sony Premium Hybrid Headphone amplifier TA-ZH1ES. The HD-820 stock cable broke the other day. so I ordered a good replacement cable XLR Silver Dragon Premium Cable for Sennheiser Headphones latest addition. Did I make the right choice in replacement cable with my setup? What I am wondering would the XLR Premium Dragon Copper Cable have been a better choice than the Silver one I got? Keep in mind the Sony amp I am using is a $2k+ amp in price. Please Respond with all and any help

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 2
I use Silver Dragon with my Sennheiser HD800S with good results. I think you made a good choice and I don't think you will be disappointed with Silver Dragon with HD820. Frankly, some argue the benefits of silver vs copper and put little too much exaggerations on the benefits of headphone cable materials, like promising details, clarity, and wide sound stage with Silver Dragon (silver) and warm and intimate sounds with Black Dragon (copper). Over last two decades, I've tried many different headphone cables and differences are very subtle (if any). You should enjoy your purchase with your current setup. Later, if you need to experiment with different cables, you could always trade or buy the Black Dragon or other copper-based cable. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back