Need help- no Pre-output/RCA output sound with FiiO E7/E9 Combo
Oct 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Noupoi

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to audio gear, so please bear with me.
smile.gif

I've recently gotten a set of cheap speakers for when I have people round and need to use speakers, instead of my HD 555s that I normally use.

I have it set up through USB from computer which goes to the E7/E9 combo. This is where my problem is, as plugging in the 3.5mm connector from the speakers to the Pre-output or using a 3.5mm to RCA adapter to connect to the line out does not do anything. However, the speakers work when I plug the 3.5mm connector into the front of the E9. I've also tried another set of speakers with the rear connectors, and they don't work either.

So either the E9 does not allow the E7 to output through the back, or I'm missing something obvious. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: I also had my headphones unplugged while doing all of this.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
Hello, I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to audio gear, so please bear with me.
smile.gif

I've recently gotten a set of cheap speakers for when I have people round and need to use speakers, instead of my HD 555s that I normally use.

I have it set up through USB from computer which goes to the E7/E9 combo. This is where my problem is, as plugging in the 3.5mm connector from the speakers to the Pre-output or using a 3.5mm to RCA adapter to connect to the line out does not do anything. However, the speakers work when I plug the 3.5mm connector into the front of the E9. I've also tried another set of speakers with the rear connectors, and they don't work either.

So either the E9 does not allow the E7 to output through the back, or I'm missing something obvious. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: I also had my headphones unplugged while doing all of this.

Have you tried telling this problem to Fiio's tech support?

Do you have the E09 or E09K?

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 7
If the speakers are unpowered, NOT active with built-in amps it's no surprise they don't work when fed a line-level signal but DO work when fed a amplified signal.

I think you need a power amp.

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 7
Fiio reps are active in the following thread, ask for Fiio contact info there.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/620339/upcoming-fiio-flagship-portable-headphone-amplifier-mont-blanc-e12-discussing-thread.

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
If the speakers are unpowered, NOT active with built-in amps it's no surprise they don't work when fed a line-level signal but DO work when fed a amplified signal.

I think you need a power amp.

Sorry, forgot to mention this. Both sets of speakers I tried are powered. The speakers I purchased to use with my computer are Logitech 220 speakers, and the other was a X Mini II I had lying around.
Quote:
Fiio reps are active in the following thread, ask for Fiio contact info there.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/620339/upcoming-fiio-flagship-portable-headphone-amplifier-mont-blanc-e12-discussing-thread.

I'll give this a go now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back