Need Help Looking for Upgrade! (HD 598/AKG Q701/AD900)
Sep 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

epikwin

New Head-Fier
Hello Everyone,

My current setup is: Astro A40s + Mixamp / Sennheiser HD 515s

I'm looking for an upgrade to some audiophile grade headphones and I currently have these three choices in mind: HD598 / AKG Q701 / AD900. I'm also looking to get a cheap amp since it seems that most headphones around/above this range need one to bring out the headphone's true sound, however since I need something portable I'm looking at the FiiO E7s to use with my laptop and iPhone.

Uses would be:
  1. Gaming (I love getting immersed in a game and having great sound helps. For multiplayer games, if I need a mic, I would just use my A40s)
  2. Music (I listen to a wide variety of music, but I'm not too concerned about bass as long as it is better than my 515s)
  3. Movies/TV shows

At the moment I am stuck with a pretty low quality laptop but I will be getting a much better desktop in the near future. I would love to be able to have some nice quality cans that I could use for my laptop for now and then see them really shine when I move to my desktop.

Thanks in advance!

*Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm very new to this and I am very open to suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back