Need help GOT DOUBLE CHARGED FOR E-PAYMENT on Asgard 2 from Schiit Audio
Jun 5, 2013 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Chawanwit

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, I just got double charged for the payment of Asgard 2 from Schiit Audio
Has this ever happened to anyone?
I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my brother used my debit card to order the Asgard 2 on 16 of May.
I got charged once that day.
Then I got charged again on 31 of May (in Thailand) which is 30 of May(in USA)

I contacted the Bank and this is the proof they gave me as you can see above both purchase are the 2nd and 3rd item on the list and the banks states that both are from Schiit Audio.
There are slight differences in the amount as the staff of the bank states that it is because of the exchange rate.
The schiit Asgard 2 is price at $250 + delivery + tax which comes to about 8500 baht thai to 8700.

My brother contacted Schitt Audio as well and Jason gave proof that paypal only collected money from my account once which is the third item on the list above.
Below is Jason showing me that his paypall only collected money from my card once on 30 of May (USA) and 31 of May (Thailand)

From there reputation, I believe Jason and Schiit Audio are honest guys and trustworthy. 
Could it be the fault of paypal or my bank?
Please help me because I am a student in Thailand and almost $300 is very important to me.

Thanks in advance

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #2 of 11
The best thing is to talk to someone at your bank - they should be able to tell you EXACTLY where your money went.

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
The best thing is to talk to someone at your bank - they should be able to tell you EXACTLY where your money went.

I did that and am waiting for a reply because they have to send the complain to the other department or team that deal with this kind of problem. The staff from the bank that I went to contact today told me that it will take a very long time for the whole process. (I guess its the way banks work in Thailand) I am a student so I cant wait that long.

Thanks

Jun 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #4 of 11
Wow... that's actually quite surprising. 
I would find it quite difficult to trust a bank that treats its customers like that.

Jun 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 11
Jasons confirm that he checked with paypal and they charge only once.
The Bank says two charges occured from Schiit Audio.
Both have proof.
Any one please help me.

Thanks

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #7 of 11
Usually money only moves at a specific time every day. In England it always happens at midnight (at least that's what one of my banking-savy friends told me... could be wrong 
tongue.gif
).
So if there is a problem it will certainly show 24 hours after the transaction.
If it's just a computer error, everything should be back to normal after 24 hours (or whenever the money actually 'moves').

If you know when the money 'moves', contact both Schiit and your bank AFTER the money has moved to confirm if Schiit has only received one payment, and the bank has moved your money twice.
Then you'll know for sure if there is a problem.

Either way - it's your banks responsibility to look after your money and to help sort out any problems.

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #8 of 11
My guess is Paypal charged you twice, as they handle the actual transaction. I'd contact them about it.

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
Usually money only moves at a specific time every day. In England it always happens at midnight (at least that's what one of my banking-savy friends told me... could be wrong 
tongue.gif
).
So if there is a problem it will certainly show 24 hours after the transaction.
If it's just a computer error, everything should be back to normal after 24 hours (or whenever the money actually 'moves').

If you know when the money 'moves', contact both Schiit and your bank AFTER the money has moved to confirm if Schiit has only received one payment, and the bank has moved your money twice.
Then you'll know for sure if there is a problem.

Either way - it's your banks responsibility to look after your money and to help sort out any problems.

The most detailed information the bank can give me is the day the money is move. If am really lucky, they will report on the investigation in a week. It could be longer according to the staff of the bank. 

Quote:
My guess is Paypal charged you twice, as they handle the actual transaction. I'd contact them about it.

Schiit website uses the paypal epayment system. (Got this from Jason) I do not have a paypal account. So technically speaking, I cannot contact paypal myself. 

Thanks for all trying to help

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #10 of 11
Just called the bank again and they said that on the 16 of May, the day my brother used my debit card to buy the Asgard 2 online from Schiit website should be the transaction that with the problem or some kind of error. However, it is just what they think. However, still have to wait at least 7 days or more for the full investigation......

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #11 of 11
The bank finally return my money after several calls and complains. It turned out to be the banks fault however the bank's staff blame it on the system for charging money from debit card twice and the vendor for being inexperienced and not collecting the cash from the first payment but doing another transaction leaving the first payment on halt in the system. I do not like that the bank is pointing fingers when it is obvious that the fault lies within the system of the bank. 

Thanks for your support Greg and Currawong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back