Need help for musiland monitor 02 usb
Jun 9, 2010 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

patrickwang288

New Head-Fier

My friend gave me a musiland monitor 02 usb as a gift (a toy) he bought from Pacific Valve online store without any instruction manual or cd drive.  I sent an email to Pacific Value custome service and asked them email me the instruction manual or gave me some guidance to install the DAC but they have to have the order # t issue these instruction.  Since the DAC does no even have the manual or CD drive, you can imagine that my friend would still save the order #.  Is there anybody have the instruction manual how to install on PC computer (according to Pacific Valve, the instruction has detailed step by step to install the drive for different music player application of vary ASIO or WMD or other forms of bit transparent output.  Helps are highly appreciated.

patrick

Jun 14, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 4
Thank you Hyperduel for your input.  I did try several set ups and here are the results:  using PC Vista everything is fine except I really can't tell the difference between the high rez or 44.1 cd.  I tried J. river, foobar2000 and itunes.  J. river and foobor can output ASIO but itunes only play on WMD (I could see that from the musiland control panel).  I downloaded several high rez tracks from 2L but really can't tell any sound difference whether it is 192K or 96K or 44.1K. 
I also tried on a PC window 7 but couldn't install ASIO on foobar and I don't know why.  From musiland monitor 02 I connected to either a ZERO or ZHAOLU dac.  I also tried to send the music signal via wireless (Airport Express) to the DACs and compared signal from musiland USB output and the optical output of Airport Express:  No difference!  I am wondering there might be a different way to set up these player application in order to play the high rez tracks just as claimed by Pacific Valve web site.  Any thoughts?

patrick

Jan 13, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back