Need help finding good over-ear headphones that are portable and can be used when walking around
Aug 12, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #32 of 42
NAD = natural! neutral, wide soundstage (but rather limited depth)
Denon = boosted bass! darker sound, slightly less soundstage wide but better depth (IMO), scales better with amping

Hope it helps
Billson :)

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #33 of 42
OK now after hours of research of have decided the 2 best portable headphones, in my opinion even though i have never heard both of them.
the NAD VISO HP50 VS Sennheiser momentum
theses are my genres
rock,pop,jazz,classical and electro.
please tell me which ones better suit me for my types of genres...
i like good detail, nice clarity, good vocals ,bright, somewhat bassy and fun. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #36 of 42
It don't have to be an expensive amp. A simple E11k or E10K (if you need DAC) will power them well. Take note that the E10k is a USB powered DAC/amp combo

As for NAD vs Momentum;
NAD is overall better and suits your need perfectly in comparison. The Momentum have a slight roll off in the highs which keeps them away from being bright. The NAD are no way bright in signature but it is for sure brighter than Momentum and AH-D600 :)

Hope it helps
Billson :)

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #39 of 42
today i went to the store and went to check out the ath m50, nad viso hp50, sennheiser mounmentum 

i had to say i would say the mounmentums were very nice in comfort wise the best for me and in all honestly compareing the nads ath and moumentums i liked the senns more overall for the best portable headphone including the sound it wasnt too dark which i like. i compared them to my beats wirreless and well obviously the senns were better but in sq it wasnt by much to me. in the end i decided to stay with my beats even though i know they are not the best headphone out there. i dont think the focals are much different i forgot to compare them.

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #42 of 42
I'm really enjoying the ATH MSR-7s with their detachable cable. The clarity is great for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back