Need help finding a decent, low-cost IEM.
Aug 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

s1000rr

New Head-Fier
I ended up with the of Sony MDR-EX210B after searching this forum for something low cost.  Sadly, I absolutely hate them.  They have way, way too much bass for my taste.  

Is there such a thing as a good sounding, inexpensive IEM?  

For reference, I have an old pair of Shure E2c's that I really like.  The only other thing that I'm looking at, at this point is the MEElectronics A151-BK.  I'll be driving them from a Sony PCM-M10 for occasional monitoring of live recordings.

Can someone suggest something that might sound like the Shure's on the cheap?

Edit: Mod's - Please move this thread to the Help & Recommendations forum as you see fit.  I didn't receive my first PM until after I posted this new topic.  :)

Aug 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 5
Soundmagic E30 is better than A151, cleaner less warm and brilliant bang for buck.

Aug 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 5
You'll enjoy them for sure, very comfortable also.

Aug 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 5
They certainly look pretty cool (not cheap).  I was reading the Amazon reviews and they're mostly positive.  Fingers crossed... for shure.  :)

Edit: Got them in my ears today.  All I can say is "wow" compared to MDR-EX210B.  The correct sized tips are very important (as I'm sure with all IEM's).  I'm using them with the Shure foam tips.  These may sound even better than my E2c's.  Great recommendation!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back