Need help deciding on what IEM is best for me...
Apr 7, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are 13 and love bass than ER-6i is not for you. You will label its tight accurate bass as "no bass".

Well, you told me to get the ER-6i, but I'm not then. I'm 14 and I prefer bass in my music since I mostly listen to Hip-Hop/Rap. How about the cheaper Denon the guy said?

Apr 13, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #19 of 28
Alright well I plan on getting the Ultimate Ears Super. fi 5 EB
biggrin.gif
And now I need to get a sound card for my comp to listen to them( onboard audio sounds terrible). Are these worth the... $156 price tag? I hope the..."you get what you paid for" applies here. Any help(more) appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMmarine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright well I plan on getting the Ultimate Ears Super. fi 5 EB
biggrin.gif
And now I need to get a sound card for my comp to listen to them( onboard audio sounds terrible). Are these worth the... $156 price tag? I hope the..."you get what you paid for" applies here. Any help(more) appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Why the EBs? You may find the bass to be muddy..

The SF5 Pro are a better choice, in my opinion.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #22 of 28
FWIW I found the SuperFi.5 Pros to be pretty muddy themselves. They do have a fair amount of bass but to me it was overwhelming and drowned out the mids and highs. EQing helped a little but I was never satisfied with them. Good luck on your search.

-sid

Apr 13, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #23 of 28
I was in the same predicament: I wanted a bass heavy IEM with a good seal, and so I wanted to go with the EBs. I then thought to myself 'The freq-resp curves that UE offer on their website suggest that maybe the EBs have TOO much bass, so maybe I should just go with the PROs?". Of course, at this point, I told myself that a set of Livewires would only be an extra $50, and here I am awaiting them in the mail. I guess what I'm saying is, even though my budget was stretched with the PROs to begin with, the benefit of a custom fit IEM outweighed the additional cost. Maybe thats something for the OP to consider? (If he decides to bump up to the PROs that is)

Apr 13, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #24 of 28
FWIW I LOVE the bass from my Atrios. They lose a bit of bass detail in comparison with the K701, but more than make up for it in quantity. They're in no way boomy, just good solid bass that's well balanced with the mids and slightly rolled off highs. IMO it's miles ahead of the SF5 EB in terms of sound quality. The Atrios seem to have a pretty good reputation around here for both the quantity and quality of their bass, and I definitely agree.

Might be worth considering, I've heard they (M8) can be had from road dog for ~$130 if you can swing it.

Apr 14, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #26 of 28
I would say the Crossroads X3I, however if you're looking for durability these would definitely not be the earphones for you. Even though I've heard they sound awesome, they are built horribly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back