Need help deciding between V Moda m80 or ATH M50 R (the Sound Professionals removable cable version).
Dec 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Head-FiED

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, just a lurker asking a first time question.  I have a Superlux 668b and I plan on giving them to my mom because I don't want her to use apple ear buds
frown.gif
.  I'm on a $200 limit.  From what I've found so far, I see the V Moda m80's for around $150 while I have no choice but to get the ATH M50 R from Sound Professionals for $160.  I'm leaning towards the m80s since the m50 R is just a modded version, not new.  And let's not forget that the m80s come with more stuff...

I think what will ultimately help me is if there is anyone in Head-fi who already have the m50 R.  I'd like to hear your opinions about it.

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #3 of 4
Audio Technica has a new version of the M50 with removable cable I do believe, it was quite recently released

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #4 of 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_XVILwXQPY&list=UUVrSYkR10_JxMM7S64ZVSMw&feature=c4-overview

HiFiGuy528 has done a compariston. He does a heap of good audio related stuff

Edit: Just realised that this is $239. If you wait a while, I'm pretty sure that they will go down in price. But I'm not sure. Normally when an audio product gets hyped, the price of the product slowly increases over a couple of months. The M50 could be bought for around $120-130 AU but now costs around $160, which I don't think is very worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back