Need Help Choosing!
Dec 19, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #17 of 20
I just bought the CX500's for $131 off Minidisc Australia.
It would have been cheaper but I selected overnight shipping of $16 because I want them quickly.

Thanks for your help everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesava /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, what would you recommend out of the CX500 vs Super.fi 3?
The CX500 would be 5 dollars cheaper but would take longer to get.

The Super.fi's look like they would be a bit weird to wear.

Sorry but I don't know. I don't own and haven't heard many different headphones. It was pure coincidence that those were 2 of the ones you were asking about.

I have the CX500s, and I'm usually extremely satisfied. My problem with them is the way that some sounds only come out one ear while others come out the other. It may be a problem with my pair, but since the pitch where one ear stops is the same as the one where the other starts, I think it was intentional.

Mostly this isn't a big deal, but in some songs, where the guitar or vocals are right in between where each ear kicks in, the noise switching between ears can be very noticeable. If anyone here knows what phenomenon I'm talking about, maybe they can explain it better. It's usually not that noticeable, but in some songs (Snow by Red Hot Chili Peppers and a bunch of Hendrix songs, for example) it can get real bad.

Dec 19, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #19 of 20
Honestly, I wold go the Nuforce NE-7M.

I've seen FOTM (headphone hype here) come and go, but this time, it seems more substance to this from respected reviewers an less hyped posts about this than others.

They do ship international as well via Amazon.com.

Would be significantly better than the CX range.

Dec 21, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesava /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought the CX500's for $131 off Minidisc Australia.
It would have been cheaper but I selected overnight shipping of $16 because I want them quickly.

Thanks for your help everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

I used that service then they used some low cost courier just services the east coast of sydney
frown.gif
. Very much dissapointed. It doesnt cost that much anyway on any other website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back