Need help choosing a pair of over-ear & closed-back headphone under $300, mostly for alternative rock/pop
Nov 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Youyou

New Head-Fier
I am new to headphones, and I currently have a pair of Shure SE215. They sound great, but I would prefer brighter, clearer, and warmer sound. I listen to music with my laptop and smartphone. Right now I'm interested in:
AKG K550
Sennheiser Momentum
Philips Fidelio L1
V-MODA Crossfade M100

AKG K550 is my top choice now, but I am worried because they don't have a removable cable (I don't like K551), and I have also heard that they dont fit well (My head is average size).
What do you guys think? Should I buy K550? or should I buy something else? Any advice or suggestion is welcomed.

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 4
Why do you need a removable cable? Its nice but I dont think it should be a deal breaker if you like the K550.

My only suggestion is AUDITION BEFORE YOU BUY. If at all possible search for places near you that have a decent headphone selection and AUDITION AUDITION AUDITION, bring your own music too if possible, they'll usually let you plug in your st00f to audition.

Nov 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I am new to headphones, and I currently have a pair of Shure SE215. They sound great, but I would prefer brighter, clearer, and warmer sound. I listen to music with my laptop and smartphone. Right now I'm interested in:
AKG K550
Sennheiser Momentum
Philips Fidelio L1
V-MODA Crossfade M100

AKG K550 is my top choice now, but I am worried because they don't have a removable cable (I don't like K551), and I have also heard that they dont fit well (My head is average size).
What do you guys think? Should I buy K550? or should I buy something else? Any advice or suggestion is welcomed.

Heya,

Vmoda M100
AKG K267
Ultrasone PRO 750
Sony MDR1R
Sony MDRZX700

Look into those maybe.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back