Need help buying new Headphones + maybe an amp
Nov 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gjudd

New Head-Fier
I have KRK 8400s and they are nice and all but I'm looking for an upgrade. Max will be $400 for everything. If it wouldn't be a noticeable difference in quality then I will not bother with an upgrade. Or I can just buy an amp as I do not already have one. I listen to everything including a lot of Rap, Hip-hop, and Dubstep. So I want good bass. I want something that will last me 4 years while I am at college so I don't have to buy another high end set until later. I want something nice to look at. Needs to be somewhat  noise cancelling AKG are really nice looking in my opinion. Let me know what I should do If you have a question just ask. Thanks.

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I have KRK 8400s and they are nice and all but I'm looking for an upgrade. Max will be $400 for everything. If it wouldn't be a noticeable difference in quality then I will not bother with an upgrade. Or I can just buy an amp as I do not already have one. I listen to everything including a lot of Rap, Hip-hop, and Dubstep. So I want good bass. I want something that will last me 4 years while I am at college so I don't have to buy another high end set until later. I want something nice to look at. Needs to be somewhat  noise cancelling AKG are really nice looking in my opinion. Let me know what I should do If you have a question just ask. Thanks.

It would help to know what you plug your headphones into?

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #3 of 4
I will mainly use a Zune HD while traveling and what not, but I am going to be building a computer and I will most likely add a nice sound card if needed.

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 4
SoundMAGIC HP100 + JDS Labs C421 (AD8620) or Fiio E17 or the new Fiio E12 (coming soon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back