Need good in ear headphones for working out
Jun 5, 2011 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hmwmai

New Head-Fier
I need some good in ear headphones that actually fit in your ear (no skullcandy) for working out.  I'm looking at the $50 range or so. I want good sound quality but the more important thing is that they stay in my ear while jogging or anything like that.

Jun 5, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
I need some good in ear headphones that actually fit in your ear (no skullcandy) for working out.  I'm looking at the $50 range or so. I want good sound quality but the more important thing is that they stay in my ear while jogging or anything like that.

I like the No Skullcandy part :)  No one here will ever recommend SCs :p

My suggestions would be, from what I have heard: the M6 (M6P if you have a smartphone or iPod), or Marshall Minors (using the clip) if you need to hear your surroundings.  The M6 is around 15(if on sale)-30 while the Minors MSRP around 60 (probably can be found cheaper though)

Jun 5, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey,

I use the UE 600 at work everyday and I love them. They have a very pleasing sound that is not fatiguing in the least. Plus they are really comfortable and light weight. Someone on Head-fi is selling a brand new pair:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/551416/fs-brand-new-ultimate-ears-600

It is a little above your price range, but as far as single armature IEMs go, it is the best I have heard. A nice punchy low end, some top end sparkle, and decent mids. Would be good for the gym. I use Comply foams to get the best seal and isolation.

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
I like the No Skullcandy part :)  No one here will ever recommend SCs :p

My suggestions would be, from what I have heard: the M6 (M6P if you have a smartphone or iPod), or Marshall Minors (using the clip) if you need to hear your surroundings.  The M6 is around 15(if on sale)-30 while the Minors MSRP around 60 (probably can be found cheaper though)

Thanks for the suggestions! I bought some Skullcandy headphones 4 or 5 years ago and I can't get those things to stay in my ear at all. They just suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back