Need Fiio E7 advice (Not what you think)
Sep 11, 2010 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Radioking59

500+ Head-Fier
I've had my E7 for two months.  Today I get home and put on my headphones on and hear static coming from the E7. The E7 has nothing connected to it.  Static is also present when playing music.  Same results on other headphones.  The static gets louder as volume is increased.

I emailed Micca Store and they gave me two options:
      1.Contact Fiio
      2. Pay them $10+ shipping to them I assume to either fix or replace it.
I could always open it up and try to fix it myself with your help of course (i.e I have no clue what I'm doing). What should I do? I live in the US.

Sep 15, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #2 of 7
Pay the 10 bucks. Simple as that.

Sep 15, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #4 of 7
Hey,

I am sure FiiO will take good care of the you if you contacted them - those guys are top notch. But you will have to pay to ship it to them in China and wait for the shipping both ways.  With us you can send the item in using USPS first class mail for about $2, it gets to us in 2-3 days. In situations like this we typically send out replacement units within 1 business day, for delivery in 2-3 days. So you can get a working unit within about a week's time.

On our end, we would pay to have the unit sent to FiiO for repair, and once we get it back, sell it as refurbished. We take a sizable loss on a trade-in like this because $10 doesn't cover our expenses plus the price difference between a new E7 and a refurb.  But we feel this is a valuable service to our customers because the alternative is for them to wait for a long time to get a working unit back. This is a considerable benefit of buying from us compared to other sellers, especially the non-US ones.

Jack

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 7
Actually this is the first electrical device I've ever had problems with somehow.  The package was mailed to Micca on Monday. I didn't want to have to deal with overseas shipping.  I would just like to thank Jack and Micca store.  The speed at which they reply to emails is unmatched.  Your company has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with from purchase to repair!  Just wish you guys had more products so I could use you more often.

Sep 15, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 7
Wow that's some luck you've got there lol. Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Quote:
Actually this is the first electrical device I've ever had problems with somehow.  The package was mailed to Micca on Monday. I didn't want to have to deal with overseas shipping.  I would just like to thank Jack and Micca store.  The speed at which they reply to emails is unmatched.  Your company has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with from purchase to repair!  Just wish you guys had more products so I could use you more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back