Need Custom fit IEM replacements for Shure ES530
Dec 14, 2010 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dariusf

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi

I was out of the scene for quite some time so I realized that quite a bit more IEM companies are out there now then in the past. I'm looking to replace my Shure ES530 with a comparable IEM sound wise but one offering custom fit molds.

Any suggestions on custom fit options that sound comparable to ES530 or better and are in the $500-600 range? I'm looking at UE 1 Pro or 5 Pro. The 1 having 4 drivers verses 2 ? Perhaps other offerings from Westone, JH Audio or others?

I'm mostly listening to electronic genres (Ambient, Chillout, Psy Trance, Goa) and some industrial, classic rock and metal.

Amplified by RSA Predator.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 7
anyone?

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 7
Reshell through Unique Melody? I dunno, if you wanna replace it, may as well make it money efficient and worth it, instead of having the 530s collecting dust. From what I hear the reference monitors are pretty good from UE. UE7s and UE5s I haven't researched much...

Dec 23, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
The UE 1 Pro is a single ear monitor, probably not what you are looking for...

Ah, single monitor :)  missed that in the description, that eliminates it as an option.

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Reshell through Unique Melody? I dunno, if you wanna replace it, may as well make it money efficient and worth it, instead of having the 530s collecting dust. From what I hear the reference monitors are pretty good from UE. UE7s and UE5s I haven't researched much...

Well thats definitely an option for $250, or sell them and add the $250 and try something new :) Still looking for someone that can provide some feedback on other options that compare the the 530s or better in the $500-600 price range. I did just pickup the LCD-2 so the portable upgrade will have to wait so more time for research :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back