Need BASSY headphones recommendations for Meizu M6
Jul 23, 2007 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

mr_a

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guyz .. I just got my new toy Meizu M6. I m really really impressed by this thing. Tons of options for sound, sleek design and awesome features. At first I didnt open the stock headphones and continued on using my generic Sony ones. They sounded ok, but not loud enoug.

So I decided to give JVC Marshmallows a try, got them and tried them out. They soudned really HORRIBLE !!!! Muddy bass and SQ not even close to my generic Sony ones. I tweaked the sound alot but they were no good at all.

Then I got curious and opened up the stock headphones and tried them out. There you go ... THE MAGIC OF MEIZU !!!! They were much louder and wider sound staged than JVC and my generic sony one. The only weakness I found was lil bit muddy bass, but still decent.

NOW, I need recommendations for a decent pair of headphones which will have better [size=medium]BASS [/size]then stock headphones. I dont know why, but JVC Marshmallow was no match with Meizu at all !!!! My budget is 100-120 max.

Jul 23, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #4 of 25
crossroads mylar XB. I use it to warm up my bright MP3 player. Strangely, the FX33 sounds BRUTALLY bright with my MP3 player too.

Jul 23, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 25
I thought I was the only one--I notice some sort of peaks in the upper-mids/highs as well. The highs on the Marshmallows sound fake to me a lot of the time, much like my Sony MDREX71.

Jul 23, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ear-buds, IEMs, supra-aural, circum-aural, closed, open?

supra-aural, circum-aural ... sounds fancy but I dont know much abt those as I am still a noob
rolleyes.gif

I dont know whether Meizu will drive Cans well enought or not. For IEMs I once tried CX300 and Boss IEMs (those wierd looking one which doesnt fit in ear at all) but I didnt like it. Also tried PX100 with U3 and it was ok.

[size=medium]IEM, Earbud or Headphone ... the MAIN things I am looking at is PORTABILITY and clear, punchy, groovy BASS !!!!! [/size]

What I am looking at right now is from the following options :

- V-Moda vibes or Bass-Freq
- D-Jays (I beleive ERROR from MeizuME forums had a detailed review abt it and he highly recommends it but its over budget for me
frown.gif
)
- Koss Porta-Pros
- Audio-Technica ATH-CK7
- Any entry level stuff from Westome, Super.Fi or Shure.

Jul 23, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #8 of 25
they are not hard to drive..............i cant even listen to them at full volume w/ my 4th gen ipod. warning though, u will get what u want they are bassssy
smily_headphones1.gif

or u can get the holy grail of bassy can.......dt770. they will fit ur bill pretty nicely, not to mention they are pretty durable and can be upgraded(darthed). u can get them at ebay for around 150 usd

good luck

Jul 23, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #9 of 25
The K81DJ's will have a clamping effect -- not a problem if you have a small or narrow head, but it could pose a comfort problem for long-term listening. (The K81's look great, though, and should drive the Meizu, I would guess). So an in-ear (IEM or canal phone) might do it for you, and there's always the Sennheiser PX100's -- light, open portable headphones that make even my iPod Nano seem bass-rich.

Also, what about the Creative EP630 canal phones? Quite a bargain, and pretty bassy (although not as mellow sounding as the PX100's).

Jul 23, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #10 of 25
The Denon AH-D1000. I saw them for $99 + shipping recently on eBay. They are excellent HPs and very very comfortable to wear. Another option is the Audio Technical ATH-ES7. Very nice sounding as well but its supra aural (ie they go on your ear). I wont quite call either of these bassy phones but they do have good deep bass and do a pretty good job with the midrange and highs as well.

Jul 23, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #11 of 25
I'd say you get about 80% of the K81DJ unamped which is plenty enough. Some other things to know:

-The mids are slightly recessed.
-They are uncomfortable for long (3+ hours) sessions.
-They isolate very well.

Jul 23, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #12 of 25
Get the Future Sonics Atrio M5 earphones. They got great bass and they are awesome for the price. You can get them on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/FutureSonics-Atr...QQcmdZViewItem
Do an offer of $130.00 lowest he will go. Do a search here there is a thread on them. It goes great with my Meizu M6 too.
icon10.gif

Jul 23, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=medium]IEM, Earbud or Headphone ... the MAIN things I am looking at is PORTABILITY and clear, punchy, groovy BASS !!!!! [/size]

If you don't need an IEM and can use a small over-the-ear headphone, check out the new PX100. You should find them to be a huge upgrade over any you have used, with a nice punching and involving bass. PLUS!!! they are 38$.
(And don't think for a minute that they are cheap sounding just because they are priced nicely)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back