Need an EXTREMELY durable set of 'phones.
Sep 16, 2011 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

brandonnash

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

In my main listening room (big surround sound) I have a pair of computers my kids play on.  Because they generally play on them when I'm watching tv or movies I have kept any speakers unhooked from them both.  They only have headphones.   I've been thru a LOT of headphones with them.  I've tried cheap over the ear but so far the best that have worked are some sylvania over the ear headphones, though they're not immune.  They are treated horribly and that's the reason for the choice of cheap headphones.  I get those from Big Lots for $8 a set.   They tend to last about 2 months before something happens to them so they don't work anymore.   The cost isn't a big concern for me getting a couple new sets of $8 headphones every couple months, just a pain in the butt having them go out and having to run into town to get more.  The question is, are there any very durable headphones?   I mean they will have to be dropped, possibly stepped on, wires tugged on, etc.  Sound quality is not a concern.  My kids are 6 and 8.   I just want something that will last longer.  I don't want to spend a bunch of money on them.  Thinking of maybe some DJ headphones.   I know behringer makes some but I don't know about the build quality. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back