Need advice on new purchase (500€)
Nov 28, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #16 of 22
I haven't heard the red TH900 but the blue is a suprisingly good all around headphone. It does everything pretty well and nothing badly. Fostex percussion is better than anything I've heard. The speed and realism of everything like drums, cymbals, anything that bangs against something else is just perfect. No perceptible V, even vocals sound good. I can't listen to my TR-X00 without EQ so this is saying a lot.

DT1770 is not shrill at all, just a good all around closed set of cans. You do need an amp or it will sound thin and not deliver what it can.

Nov 28, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #17 of 22
It seems the blue TH900 doesn't exist anymore (can't find them in stock anywhere and I don't really want to order from ebay), Thomann only has the red TH900

I have an amp - an iFi Zen Can - it is made of power.

Nov 29, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #18 of 22
It seems the blue TH900 doesn't exist anymore (can't find them in stock anywhere and I don't really want to order from ebay), Thomann only has the red TH900

I have an amp - an iFi Zen Can - it is made of power.
It's on sale for 1.349 Euros at the German shop where I bought mine. You don't need much amp for TH900s. And I was not suggesting them. I just wrote my comments since it was discussed in the thread.

The zen can is not particularly powerful, but it has the right specs for making you enjoy a pair of DT1770s.

Nov 29, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #19 of 22
Thank you for your insight! I am honestly very intrigued by the DT1770s! I think those might be the ones I pull the trigger for. I might get the K712s down the line for that soundstage, but I want bass-monsters that retain clarity and from what I hear the 1770s are exactly that.

Considering they're closed, is their soundstage claustrophobic/intimate or is it not too "in your head"?
My Amiron Wireless and T5p.2 are both closed backs and they are not intimitate at all or "in your head".
For example, I can hear the positions of the cop cars having their sirene on in GTAV, it's like 3D to describe it. Same goes for T5p.2

Amiron Home is bassy headphone too and it's openback.

Dec 11, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #20 of 22
Hello everyone, after much research I've decide to grab a pair of the very last new Audioquest Nighthawk Carbons. I must say, these are exactly what I was looking for, I'm not even thinking about upgrading any time soon.

Dec 12, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #21 of 22
Hello everyone, after much research I've decide to grab a pair of the very last new Audioquest Nighthawk Carbons. I must say, these are exactly what I was looking for, I'm not even thinking about upgrading any time soon.
Very good decision. Just missed mine yesterday because i sold them. But they are quite the opposite of cold and analytical like you said you like.

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #22 of 22
Very good decision. Just missed mine yesterday because i sold them. But they are quite the opposite of cold and analytical like you said you like.

I guess I could retract my statement on cold, but by analytical I meant ability to pick out microdetails in music, with which thus far the NHC's have only impressed me. But regarding bass and soundstage, imaging and separation, so far these have proven to be amazing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back