Need advice on first ciem purchase
Oct 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tsmithf33

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, looking to buy my first set of monitors. I've narrowed it down to the JHaudio 5pro's or the Livewires trips. Not knowing the ins and out of this industry I would love some advice.

Thank you in advance!

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #3 of 5
Looking for the custom route because normal in ears kill me after about an hour. Only thing I can wear for an extended period of time are the Bose in ears, and hopefully my two options will be better than those.

I don't mind spending some coin on them I just figured I would start out with a more inexpensive model to see if I truly like the custom in ear concept.

Oct 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 5
If those are the two options then get the jh5 and if there's a audiologist that sells jh customs by you they may waive the impression cost or a discount on the impressions. There was some cs issues a while back with Livewires but don't know if that is still going on.

The JH5 is a very good custom and at 400 it's a bargain imo of course. They are slightly warm but not overly so. It does depend on your preferences but the jh5 is one that most people would like and does many things well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back