Need advice for new IEM
Aug 31, 2010 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

PhoneLover94

100+ Head-Fier
Hello again all =)
I have been thoroughly enjoying my AD700's. I can not listen to them enough =) I love their huge soundstage and clarity. I started school back up, so I am taking my earphones (standard Apple Buds) to listen to. I have a few complaints about these buds:

1) They do not have clarity and lack soundstage, as well as even good sound 

2) Bad/no isolation. As you can imagine, it is not very quiet on a bus packed with 40 high schoolers. I have to crank these up (which is and for my ears) just so I can hear them. 

I have been looking around and have seen a few earphones that stick out, but I can't decide on one particular phone. I am looking to stay under $100. I want them to have a good soundstage, and preferably a little more bright and punchy than the AD700's (if possible). I want them to isolate good so I don't have to damage my hearing to be able to actually make out what song I am listening to =) Another thing that I want but don't need if it is out of price range or will loose any sound performance (i.e. I would take better sounding earphones over ones with a mic) but I would like one if it doesn't mean I get a lesser quality phone. I have been looking closely at the RE0's as everyone recommends them, but I do not really want to have an amp if it is required. I will be using an IPod Touch headphone jack so I don't know what it can and can't drive. One amazon.com there are Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi for $70. Would these be anything to look at? 

Thanks in advanced to everyone for the advice and help =)

Aug 31, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 7
I have been looking there. I am still debating between several models, but I think I may have gotten it narrowed down. Let me know what you guys think of these:

Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi       $70
Head Direct RE0          $80
Brainwavz M2        $50
Fischer Audio Eterna V2      $70

Aug 31, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #6 of 7
Another thing I really like is the look of the twisted/braided cable in a clear sleeve. I have noticed that the MeElectronics have this cable on several models, and most people seem to like these. They are far below my budget, which is good because I can get other things as well, such as a portable amp. Does anyone here think that the M9 or other ones will be good? I really am not looking for anything close to my AD700's, just something that blocks out sound and sounds decent. I think these will work nicely but I will see what you guys think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back