Need advice for high end combo.
Aug 20, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #16 of 28
  Thank you for pointing out an Amazing product that i might consider! Appreciate it. I have a question though. What kind of Headphones are you using with it? So I believe that the chord hugo is pretty much end game equipment.   

I gotta check that out. 

I use HD600's recabled, AKG K702's, Grado 325's and RHA T20's.

Aug 20, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #19 of 28
Audition as much headphones as you can, and figure what you like the most. Follow your ears - is the best advice here.
Plus, combing great hps with cheaper dac/amp is the way to go, in my opinion, not the other way around.

Aug 20, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #21 of 28

Whats the best way to go out and try out flagship headphones? I can use return policy and it would cost me 5% restocking and only 14 day trial from something like moon audio. Does it sound like a good idea? 

Try google hi-fi shops in your town and see what they have. That's an easy way to do it 
smile.gif

Aug 20, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #22 of 28

Audition as much headphones as you can, and figure what you like the most. Follow your ears - is the best advice here.
Plus, combing great hps with cheaper dac/amp is the way to go, in my opinion, not the other way around.

I see so do you think Plan A is good?

Quote:

+1 Really good advice. Listen first, pay later.

I agree. :)

Try google hi-fi shops in your town and see what they have. That's an easy way to do it 
smile.gif

I hope I will find a shop with a lot of flagships to hear. I try using Yelp and there's barely any places that sells headphone near me. I'll try google in few minutes though.

Aug 20, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #25 of 28

+1  Agreed.  I'd say first figure out what sound signature you like in your headphones (Bassy/Neutral/Bright/Warm) then go from there since there's a TOTL headphone to suit each of those preferences.

Aug 21, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #26 of 28
  I see so do you think Plan A is good?

I can't say as I didn't have the chance to listen to he1k. Again, you should go to your local hifi stores and listen. I won't help you with the location and best stores as I'm from different side of the ocean :)
Well, there is always plan D: If you are going to buy hp for, say, 1000 $, you should only consider amps costing 5 times more, and the source for 5 times the price of the amp. 
Jokes aside, both audeze and hifiman route is potentially great, but the main factor here is you.
Cheers!

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #27 of 28
  I can't say as I didn't have the chance to listen to he1k. Again, you should go to your local hifi stores and listen. I won't help you with the location and best stores as I'm from different side of the ocean :)
Well, there is always plan D: If you are going to buy hp for, say, 1000 $, you should only consider amps costing 5 times more, and the source for 5 times the price of the amp. 
Jokes aside, both audeze and hifiman route is potentially great, but the main factor here is you.
Cheers!

Lol. it's not so easy finding a headphone mega store here.I wish there was a way I can demo out all the flagships.  
So I did a little bit of research in the Audeze LCD-XC thread and a member is reccomending Audio-GD Master 11 DAC/amp combo.That take out the guess work for Audeze LCD-XC. I might go that route. What do you guys think about the Audio-GD Master 11 DAC/amp combo??

Aug 21, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #28 of 28
I don't have any experience with the Master 11 specifically (it only just came out) but generally the Audio-gd gear tends to work well with planars. Kingwa's designs don't have a sound signature as such, more getting out of the way and letting the music through. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back