NEED Advice for a good audio setup to use my fidelio x2hr with v-moda boom pro
Apr 8, 2020 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

plagymus

New Head-Fier
Hello, first post here!

I have just bought a v-moda boom pro mic and a pair of fidelio X2HR. When i plug it on my motherboard integrated audio, the cans sounds decent but the mic is absolute hot garbage, with very low volume and high static noise. On other pc, the mic sounds good. I really need to find a setup to improve my audio, both mic and sound. I use my desktop mostly for music listening and gaming. My budget would be less than 150 euros (165 USD) if possible. I do not need fancy gaming features, but i am fine if they are some.

I have done some research and found two possible solutions:

-An all in one unit, like the Schiit fulla 3, creative G6 or sennheiser GSX 1000. That would be my preffered solution as it is clean and simple, but i have no idea how good the v-moda boompro mic would sound on those. Apparently, the mic input is horribly bad on the creative units... I have seen mixed review on the fulla.

-Using a cheap usb adaptor for the mic only like this one (recommended by the modmic team), and a dac/amp like a fiio e10k. But what scares me here is having ground wiring issues...

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #2 of 3
I just bought the Fulla 3 last week, sounds nice, I'm not into FPS gaming, so have not tried it's surround sound software/drivers.
Have not tried it's microphone input, have no need of it.
A used Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card is a good value.
Maybe a used Creative Labs G5?

Apr 8, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 3
I just bought the Fulla 3 last week, sounds nice, I'm not into FPS gaming, so have not tried it's surround sound software/drivers.
Have not tried it's microphone input, have no need of it.
A used Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card is a good value.
Maybe a used Creative Labs G5?

Hello,

thanks for your reply. I am looking for an external card as i have no space in my pc to plug an internal one. i was actually planning to get a G5 because the specs and sound quality seemed really good, but reviewers seem to agree on the fact that the mic input is bad... It has poor sound processing that you cant bypass; here you can listen to what a modmic (similar to a v-moda boompro) sounds like on a G5 compared to other sources. It is just terrible... I really need both a good sound and good jack mic input and wonder why it is so hard to come across....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back