Need a warm and slightly darker than average headphone.
Jul 29, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. It needs a stationary amp. The HD600 will be better from a portable amp but it may not be worth the money compared to something that is more easily driven, i.e. ESW9. I think that one is your best bet.

Alternatively, you can try the Stax SR-001 especially if you want warm sound on the move while carrying an amp. Probably the best sounding system you can get on the move short of custom-molded IEMs but the comfort could be an issue if you don't get the right fit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah they should run fine on that, obviously they will improve from an upgrade but it isn't necessary.

You might be a candidate for Ultrasones, very involving fun headphone indeed. I've heard people say they have a bass emphases but for the music I listen to; electronica, trance, vangelis types it's absolutely spot on. I suppose you could say this gives them a slightly darker sound, however they are not laid back like the Senn 650s or Denon D2000s.

I'm getting tired of all these different opinions...

Jul 29, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting tired of all these different opinions...

Lol welcome to Head-Fi... I think the P3 should be fine with pretty much anything. As Graphicism stated, sound will almost always improve with a good dedicated desktop amp, and if you're interested in tubes a desktop tube amp will always give you flavors that you'll be hard pressed to get from a tiny portable solid state amp. That said, go for the headphones that you think will make you happy! They aren't going to sound bad from your amp.

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol welcome to Head-Fi... I think the P3 should be fine with pretty much anything. As Graphicism stated, sound will almost always improve with a good dedicated desktop amp, and if you're interested in tubes a desktop tube amp will always give you flavors that you'll be hard pressed to get from a tiny portable solid state amp. That said, go for the headphones that you think will make you happy! They aren't going to sound bad from your amp.

Thank you.

And no more replies please. i dont wanna hear it lol.

Moderator close this thread NOW!!!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back