Need a upgrade, Help me get some nice "proper" Headphones.
Nov 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

AnthonyMcEwen

Head-Fier
Right I Currently own some SHOCKING Sony MDR-XD200. Have decided I need a Upgrade. I'm from the UK So I have have also put my budget in USD as well.

OK I now have a budget of £50 ($80) but can streach to £65 ($100) if there is something that will really be worth the extra £££.... But that's my absolute max.

What I want from them are:

Good all round around sound, nice punchy well composed bass that's not overwhelming but definitely there and I also want to here the mids and highs...so nice and balanced....I'm not an audiophile yet but want somin good sounding.

They will be used for listening to every style of music from rock, vocal songs, drum and bass, electronic and just about everything, they will also be used for watching YouTube and even listening to the radio, so they don't need to be special to any one type of playback.

And most importantly they cant be flimsy things, they need to be strong as I will be using them a lot everyday.

All so do I need an amp, what are they for and if I do need one that has to be included in the budget.

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 7
Takstar Hi 2050, also sold under the name Technical Pro HPT990, not sure if they sell in the UK or Europe.
But there are sellers in Asia (like Hong Kong) that ship world wide.
There are also several sellers on eBay, got mine off eBay for $64.

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks will look into them, not heard the make before, but will do some research.

Have seen these can anyone comment in them? Do they sound OK for me?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Closed-Headphones-Passive-Attenuation/dp/B003LPTB4M/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353810387&sr=1-2

Have also seen these but have my doubts about some of them.

Creative Aurvana live.

Koss DJ100.

Philips Citiscape

JVC HA RX 700

Audiotechnica ATH T200

Senn HD 201 / 202

can anyone comment on any of the above as I have some niggles about some of them but think I might be over thinking this too much?

What do people have to away about the above modles, which are possible candidates and which to stay away from? And any other suggestion?

Thanks all for your help.

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Thanks will look into them, not heard the make before, but will do some research.
Have seen these can anyone comment in them? Do they sound OK for me?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Closed-Headphones-Passive-Attenuation/dp/B003LPTB4M/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353810387&sr=1-2
Have also seen these but have my doubts about some of them.
Creative Aurvana live.
Koss DJ100.
Philips Citiscape
JVC HA RX 700
Audiotechnica ATH T200
Senn HD 201 / 202
can anyone comment on any of the above as I have some niggles about some of them but think I might be over thinking this too much?
What do people have to away about the above modles, which are possible candidates and which to stay away from? And any other suggestion?
Thanks all for your help.

The Sen HD201 is not a great headphone(unless you already own an amp that costs much more than the headphone).
I will have a Creative Aurvana live and Koss Pro DJ100 arriving later this week for testing, but I do expect good things of them.

I can recommend the KRK KNS6400, although they do like a little amplification and are right at the upper end of your price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back