need a portable amp to drive the FA-011's
Sep 12, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 5
Headroom's Total Airhead for $99 is very nice.  If you want the amp plus DAC all in one go for the Total Bithead fo $150.  That is what I use and really like it.

They are both portable, both have High and Low gain settings for different headphones.  The DAC will make your PC audio much cleaner.

Sep 12, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Headroom's Total Airhead for $99 is very nice.  If you want the amp plus DAC all in one go for the Total Bithead fo $150.  That is what I use and really like it.

They are both portable, both have High and Low gain settings for different headphones.  The DAC will make your PC audio much cleaner.

lol what exactly does a DAC do? i am new to this stuff. i haven't even bought a pair of good headphones yet, the fa-011's will be my first.

ps. what do you think of these headphones?

Sep 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 5
I recommend iBasso's D-Zero for $109. It has a rechargeable battery that lasts 25+ hours in my testing, a rather powerful amp for the price, and can be used as a USB soundcard for your desktop or laptop. In comparison to the Total Bithead and the FiiO E7, I preferred it easily. You can read my review in my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back