Need a player with LO capabilities to use with my Predator amp
Jul 2, 2010 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

robojack

500+ Head-Fier
Been out of the audiophile scene for awhile, and I've been using my Cowon D2 in conjunction with a RSA Predator amp and Westone 3's. Love the combination, but I'm thinking of getting a new player that has actual line-out capabilities (to use with my RSA Predator), as well as SD/microSD card compatibility, along with good battery life (my D2 had 40+ hours with regular SD card usage).

Any recommendations?

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 6
Jul 2, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #3 of 6
But the battery life is really lousy, which is a bit of deal-breaker for me :frowning2:

Jul 8, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #4 of 6
Looks like I've got slim pickings at this point, judging from the lack of other suggestions. Or should I just get a ipod Touch, and use a line-out cable with that?

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 6
iMod or DIYMod? As you noticed the products currently available with a true LO are very few. I know there are a few older more obscure players but their names don't jump into my head so I can't really help you sorry.

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 6
I don't think I need a true LO, just one that's more genuine than my psuedo-LO HP D2 output. That being said, I will probably consider the iPod Touch. Question now is, which generation should I be looking for, 2nd or 3rd gen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back