Need a pair of closed ear headphones - $60-70
Jan 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

zombiekiller222

New Head-Fier
I'm currently in Australia, we have an extremely limited range of headphones (mostly just gaming headsets) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a pair of headphones. I would like a headset better, but I heard you get better value for money if you buy one with no microphone. I'll mostly be gaming and listening to bass music such as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6nVrshf68. Currently I'm borrowing a DT 234 pro, anyone heard of it? Also, it might help to note that I'll be using the onboard sound card of the Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard, anyone had experiences with it?

Another thing, if open ear headphones are better value then I might consider one.

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 9
M50 would be a good headphone for you. Try to get them when On sale or a used pair.

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 9
zombiekiller
It is difficult to blindly recommend sets for you, not knowing what is available in your local market.  Perhaps you could list a few that are in your price range that you could actually get?

I would recommend the Creative Aurvana Live!, but have no idea if they can be bought in Australia, or what their price would be there. 

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #5 of 9
I guess you need a gaming headset. M50's is not for gaming, dreadful soundstage

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #6 of 9
Jan 9, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #8 of 9
Another vote goes to the Aurvana Live. I have had them for about a week. I prefer them over my grado sr80s.  I also play battlefield 3 and the soundstage (able to distinguish the distance of sounds) is quite good. They have jumped back to retail $99 since I last purchased them for $64 (amazon).  They do well too with bassy tracks like dubstep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back