Need a new Headphone stand? Check this one out - cheap too!
Jan 13, 2008 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

nick20

Banned
Hey guys, I got in touch with Scott (warrior05) about his new headphone stands he's got for sale, and I'd like to add my comments.

First off, let me tell you how pleasurable it was to deal with Scott. His customer service, willingness to listen, and quick responses are about as good as they come. He is one who genuinely cares about you as a customer, and he is extremely willing to listen to problems (should they arise), and fix them immediately. I cannot recommend him highly enough.. He's a stellar person, outside of the "online world", and he get's my highest compliments.

Next, let me tell you is an extremely wonderful wood-worker, with the passion and desire to deliver a top-notch product, at affordable prices. I cannot comment any further on his skills, because, below are some pictures of the finished product. They speak for themselves..

top.jpg

DT990%20and%20RS-1.jpg

bevel.jpg

3%20with%20RS-1.jpg

product%20shot.jpg

And I guess you are wondering how much these will end up costing? How about below $40!? I, myself, wonder how such craftsmanship and build time can go into one, and Scott is charging next to nothing for a TRUE piece of art.

If you decide to order one, you will NOT be disappointed, I promise. If you also mention my name (Nick) when you order one, and he'll hook you up with a good deal. If you would like to customize your's, just let him know what you need/want, and I'm positive he can work it out with you. Scott is a TRUE class act. Again, I cannot recommend HIM or HIS services enough. He also does headphone recabling, IC's, etc. Just contact him for a quote..

His contact info:

Scott's e-mail: scott@s2-audio.com

OR PM him here: Warrior05

-Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 38
Handsome looking stand! And at a stellar price to boot. I didn't know Warrior05 offered this type of service.

Thanks for the heads up Nick, going to hit Scott up with some custom jobs soon.

Jan 13, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Handsome looking stand! And at a stellar price to boot. I didn't know Warrior05 offered this type of service.

Thanks for the heads up Nick, going to hit Scott up with some custom jobs soon.

Me either, until I saw him post some pictures of his DIY stand.. and I pushed him into getting more made, because I was very pleased, and I thought he could make more for everyone else.

Well, now he's decided to offer these to everyone, at an extremely reasonable price. If you want/need any more information, just contact him (e-mail or PM) to get further spec's.

-Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ueyteuor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those look great! nice work!! i like the tab that holds the cables.. awesome idea. you should open up a mall-fi thread

Scott is working on a MOT thread, but Jude only puts them up at the beginning of the month.

Jan 13, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 38
Needless to say, Nick is my number one stand customer. Uh... okay... so he is my only stand customer at the moment.
tongue.gif
As he mentioned, he contacted me after I posted a pic of a stand I made for myself. He got me to thinking that maybe I could come up with a methodology to build cost-effective stands for our wonderful community. And what you see in this thread is what I came up with. I try to offer budget-conscious solutions for this terrific community. I've paired up with my good buddy, swt61, and we are now known as S² Audio. Look for our first MOT thread come February!
cool.gif

Jan 13, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 38
Congrats Nick! I think Scott's new stands are awesome too! They also fill a very important price point IMO. Keep your eyes open for our MOT thread in Feb. as Scott said, you'll find some new and interesting items.

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #9 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Needless to say, Nick is my number one stand customer. Uh... okay... so he is my only stand customer at the moment.
tongue.gif
As he mentioned, he contacted me after I posted a pic of a stand I made for myself. He got me to thinking that maybe I could come up with a methodology to build cost-effective stands for our wonderful community. And what you see in this thread is what I came up with. I try to offer budget-conscious solutions for this terrific community. I've paired up with my good buddy, swt61, and we are now known as S² Audio. Look for our first MOT thread come February!
cool.gif

Lovely Scott !

As I am from Hong Kong do you see any chance of shipping your creation to Hong Kong ? Does the stand come fully assembled, or can the user assemble it himself ?

Thanks,
F. Lo

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #10 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lovely Scott !

As I am from Hong Kong do you see any chance of shipping your creation to Hong Kong ? Does the stand come fully assembled, or can the user assemble it himself ?

Thanks,
F. Lo

F. Lo, I can only comment on the second question. It is fully assembled, includes rubber feet on the bottom, and is fully finished. A very nice stand at this price point.. The build quality is truly impeccable.

-Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #11 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
F. Lo, I can only comment on the second question. It is fully assembled, includes rubber feet on the bottom, and is fully finished. A very nice stand at this price point.. The build quality is truly impeccable.

-Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Nick. I like its height - useful especially for recabled cans. Would be keen to know more details about how to buy them.

F. Lo

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #12 of 38
Quote:

Lovely Scott !

Thanks,
F. Lo

Hey, Francis-

As Nick mentioned they are fully assembled stands.

I'll PM you with the other details.

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Thanks Nick. I like its height - useful especially for recabled cans. Would be keen to know more details about how to buy them.

F. Lo

Steve and I are in the process of setting up a site for S² Audio but for now, anyone interested can PM or email me at scott@s2-audio.com.

Jan 17, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #14 of 38
Congratulations with a nice pair of headphone stands!
They sure looks nice and well crafted.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #15 of 38
Don't think I've seen any retail stands out there with anywhere as close of a great design to hold both the headphone and the cables.

Didn't realize the height would come into play, but after reading fcklo's comments and looking at my hd600's connectors sitting awfully close to the bottom of the banana holder the stand's got another huge bonus to its design.

Great work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back