Need a low latency wireless headphone
Jan 22, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #46 of 50
Received and tested the Arctis 7 Headset from SteelSeries !!

And they are fine to play instruments, at first I thought I could notice a delay and increased he sensitivity of the drum heads on my Roland td-11.
But I think that this could also have been caused by the fact that I used them prior to charging them up fully... Could not wait!
After using those for a couple of days, I am used to them and cannot notice any delay.

I just love the quality of the headset as a whole, they look and feel solid.
They are a bit heavy but I was told that they were actually rather light compared to other gaming headsets.
The headband is made with an elastic band, just as ski google, and that makes them very confortable to wear.
Also, the hear pieces are more than large enough and made of foam which again makes them really confortable to wear.

Those are the first headset of that range/price I buy so I can't compare how they sound with any good headset but to me they sound great.
I especially appreciate the fact that I can clearly differentiate the Right/Left position of the toms and cymbals.

Given that I could not find much info on headset suitable to play electronic drum on the interweb, I trully hope this post will help others.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #47 of 50
Err...thank you for all the insight, it was really helpuful, since I'm trying to find some wireless gear in order to be wire-free....: I was almost about to drop the Visa on Amazon for a Arctis 7 when...it occoured to me that being a gamer headphone, it was likely to be an USB headset and could not be plugged in with a normal jack.
As a matter of fact I went to the website and noticed that the transmitter/receiver must be connected to the USB port on the PC....but I did not wanted to connect it there, I wanted to connect the Arctic directly on the phones output in my Line6 Helix processor...is there anything I don't know, or with that headphone I would be forced to have the PC turned on and connected to the Helix..? Any suggestion ?
I already have the fantastic Relay G10 and wanted to go full wireless.....

Thank you !
A.

Feb 7, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #48 of 50
Err...thank you for all the insight, it was really helpuful, since I'm trying to find some wireless gear in order to be wire-free....: I was almost about to drop the Visa on Amazon for a Arctis 7 when...it occoured to me that being a gamer headphone, it was likely to be an USB headset and could not be plugged in with a normal jack.
As a matter of fact I went to the website and noticed that the transmitter/receiver must be connected to the USB port on the PC....but I did not wanted to connect it there, I wanted to connect the Arctic directly on the phones output in my Line6 Helix processor...is there anything I don't know, or with that headphone I would be forced to have the PC turned on and connected to the Helix..? Any suggestion ?
I already have the fantastic Relay G10 and wanted to go full wireless.....

Thank you !
A.

Hi ytterligare,

The transmitter does NOT need to be plugged onto a PC via USB to be used. You can simply plug it on a phone charger to power it up and then use a mini jack to connect the transmitter to any output you like.

Connecting the USB to a PC is the only way to get the microphone to work though, which is a shame as that would have been a great way to use the headset for return / backup singing when playing with a band.
After 2/3 weeks of use I am still very happy with my purchase.
Hope that helps!!

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #49 of 50
The transmitter does NOT need to be plugged onto a PC via USB to be used. You can simply plug it on a phone charger to power it up and then use a mini jack to connect the transmitter to any output you like.
Hope that helps!!

Aaaaand, there goes my VISA on Amazon !!
Got the Arctic7, will have them by monday probably
Toussman, "this was the droid I was looking for"...:beyersmile: : thank you very helpful !

Andy

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #50 of 50
Ok, connected the transmitter to a PC USB port ( to get the 5Volts ) and a cable from the phone output of the Helix to the 3.5 "IN" on the transmitter.
Houston, I confirm latency is negligible, or at least for my style, since I'm no shredder-guy !!
Next stop : trying the earphone with my Kawai Piano and evaluate again latency and quality of sound.
Thank you !
A:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back