need a highquality bass boosting usb input portable amp
Oct 27, 2010 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hellbent

New Head-Fier
Ok Ive got a pair of DJ1 Pros that i use for listining to a variety of music, but mostly stuff like dubstep, liquid drum and bass, and other vairous types of electronic music, along with some hip hop and other bassy types of music. Sound quality is still important to me though, so as much as i am a bass head, i still look for more in a headphone. Ill be using this both at home and while walking around. Id like to have a usb input to use with my mbp, but also be able to carry it with my iphone 4. So id like to keep it somewhat small, and under $150 preferably, but it has to be something with plenty of power for the dj1s.  Ive been looking at a few things, at first i liked the fiio e7 because it was cheap and looked pretty nice, but then i read about the lacking bass. Ive looked at the some of the ibassos, i liked the t4s for their size and bass boost but they didnt have usb. And i didnt see any ibassos with the usb input and bass boost. So im really trying to just get the most out of these headphones, sound quality is important, but a good bass boost is even more important, and the usb would be nice to have, so what do you think some good options would be?

Oct 27, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 4
If you're willing to stretch your budget some, and also to wait a while for delivery, check out the Headstage Arrow. Bass boost works great, and the form factor probably makes it one of the most portable amps on the market today. It drives my Ultrasones awesomely.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 4
oh wow thats awesome, thats like exactly the kind of thing i was looking for. Also i know that they make iphone doc connector to jack adapters, but is there anything that i could use so i can go from the iphones dock plug to mini usb so i can still use the usb connection when im walking wtih my ipod instead of the headphone jack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back