need a dac for my home system
Mar 19, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #32 of 35
  thanks so much

is there anything else I need to setup in Jriver with mojo to get the best out of it?

Do u think using Jriver room correction is a good thing?

and what about volume leveling and adaptive volume?

Also should i check in the dsp that it should process independtly of internal volume

also is it ok to keep the mojo on all the time, as I will be charging it using with 1 amp power plug

i usually do not turn off my amp or my desktop and they are always runing

I prefer Foobar 2k over JRivere for Sound quality, but JRiver is a good player, for sure.  I would disable all dsp functions, volume leveling, etc for purist bit perfect sound.

My tests with Mojo are that it sounds best running on battery with no usb hooked up to the charge port.  And a 1 amp charger may cause an issue that I discovered with the Mojo when it hits trickle charge mode in my speaker setup.

My speaker amp is also on and in a configuration with a passive pre and the mojo in charge mode with only the charge usb cable from the computer, a noise developed in both channels similar to what folks in the Mojo thread describe as hissing.  Only there they seem to be talking about ambient hissing from the Mojo itself when using some under powered chargers.  I can post the video of  the noise if interested.

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #33 of 35
  I prefer Foobar 2k over JRivere for Sound quality, but JRiver is a good player, for sure.  I would disable all dsp functions, volume leveling, etc for purist bit perfect sound.

My tests with Mojo are that it sounds best running on battery with no usb hooked up to the charge port.  And a 1 amp charger may cause an issue that I discovered with the Mojo when it hits trickle charge mode in my speaker setup.

My speaker amp is also on and in a configuration with a passive pre and the mojo in charge mode with only the charge usb cable from the computer, a noise developed in both channels similar to what folks in the Mojo thread describe as hissing.  Only there they seem to be talking about ambient hissing from the Mojo itself when using some under powered chargers.  I can post the video of  the noise if interested.

thanks for the info

but i have hooked to power my whole system which includes destktop computer and its always on, so I can not keep on worrying about charging the mojo, the mojo must be on all time. I do not have hiss as far as I hear now. maybe I did not pay too much attention to test any hiss

my mojo is connected to a computer and then the mojo to my nad amplifier which feed 2 big floor speakers

i need now to find the best there is pluggin for parametric eq no matter cost but something that is user friendly as the one in jrvier is not looking to be user friendly

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #34 of 35
Roger that, I understand.

I have had good luck with Tokyo Dawn Labs free stuff which should work with JRiver, and they do have some more powerful paid EQ plugins.

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #35 of 35
i need now to find the best there is pluggin for parametric eq no matter cost but something that is user friendly as the one in jrvier is not looking to be user friendly

I like this one: https://dmgaudio.com/products_equilibrium.php

But you can get the same results with a free one like this: http://www.rs-met.com/freebies.html

You'll need to install a VST wrapper/plugin to be able to use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back