1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500.

1. Austin Morrow
    As the title says, is what I need. I'm looking to build a setup around the HE-500's, as I already tried a lot of other high end setups with the HD800, LCD-2, LCD-3, HE-6, and the T1, and found that the HE-500 suits me the best. I have both a Charleston Cable Company HE-500 cable with a 4-Pin XLR connection (as well as a 3-Pin Dual XLR adapter) and a ForzaAudio Works Noir Single-Ended headphone cable coming. I prefer single ended, but will work with balanced as well. Amp needs to to make the HE-500's shine sonically, and needs to look good aesthetically (to give you an idea of what I like when it comes to looks, think of Schiit and Woo). I currently am using the Sabre DA8 from Yulong as recommended by Project86, and while I think it sounds phenomenal sonically speaking, I'm looking for a dedicated DAC, so if you know of a high end DAC I can couple with the amp you're recommending as a stack, that would be muh appreciated.

I've been keeping an eye on the GS-X MKII and the Stratus all as viable options, and If I wanted to spend less I was also looking at the Mjolnir/Gungnir combo and maybe even the D18/A18 combo.

2. Austin Morrow
    Bump.