Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500.
Nov 23, 2013 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Austin Morrow

Headphoneus Supremus
As the title says, is what I need. I'm looking to build a setup around the HE-500's, as I already tried a lot of other high end setups with the HD800, LCD-2, LCD-3, HE-6, and the T1, and found that the HE-500 suits me the best. I have both a Charleston Cable Company HE-500 cable with a 4-Pin XLR connection (as well as a 3-Pin Dual XLR adapter) and a ForzaAudio Works Noir Single-Ended headphone cable coming. I prefer single ended, but will work with balanced as well. Amp needs to to make the HE-500's shine sonically, and needs to look good aesthetically (to give you an idea of what I like when it comes to looks, think of Schiit and Woo). I currently am using the Sabre DA8 from Yulong as recommended by Project86, and while I think it sounds phenomenal sonically speaking, I'm looking for a dedicated DAC, so if you know of a high end DAC I can couple with the amp you're recommending as a stack, that would be muh appreciated.

I've been keeping an eye on the GS-X MKII and the Stratus all as viable options, and If I wanted to spend less I was also looking at the Mjolnir/Gungnir combo and maybe even the D18/A18 combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back