NCM (Nguyen Custom Monitors) - Universal/Custom
Feb 13, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #16 of 195
I think the LCM 5 is all BA as is the Fibae. This has a very balanced sound for a hybrid with the ability to thump because of the DD. The treble on this is like the other NCM and I'm not sure why? There are a lot of multi BA sets with smooth treble. This has sparkle. Listening to Fleetwood Mac right now and the vocals are where they should be so no recess that I can detect. I am probably going to buy these. the NCM are always loaners. I have never gotten anything from them aside from a chance to demo these sets.

They got skillz. If I buy em i will send back for custom plates :)
Thanks for the advice, thinking of pairing whichever CIEM I will end up purchasing with an N5ii on the go and micro iDSD while stationary.

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #17 of 195
10042603.jpg

10068660.jpg

10058611.jpg

10068815.jpg

Page flip

And another gem from "Daryl's House" how did I not know he was doing this?
Classic stuff....that sounds dope on NCM gear

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #19 of 195
Audioholikz! Iv dipped my feet In the water for audiophile grade earphones for my commute To work. I am pretty New to this except for I used To manage a High end car audio shop ( So I'm familiar with ohms laws and EQ's[I like to think] )

These Hybrid Drive NCM's really intrigue me. I love The sound from dynAmic drivers. My favorite headphones so far I have heard are the RHA t-20i's ( I haven't tried too many ) and I want more! 2 days ago I ordered the Audeze Isine LX and Fender FXA6 Hybrid (hugeeeee sale on Amazon, only 239.99 ) iem's to try them out or return.( If you recommend others below 600$ for listening to Chainsmokers type music/R&B/ and Hip-Hop please comment[ I like volume and clarity] ) I used to be really interested in the AAW ahx or ah3 Hybrid uiem's but no one has really reviewed them.

My questions Is a total newby question. I am interested in a set of CIEM'sthe NCM NC5v2 hybrid ( more my price range ) awaiting your review but noticed the frequency response is only 20-20khz. Why is that not that big of a deal? Compared to say the Audeze Isine LX with 5hz-40khz or the Fender hybrid FXA6 or FXA7 with a response of 8hz-24khz.

Again sorry for the newbie question hopefully in your busy schedule to can help a new guys out. Love your channel BTW liked and subscribed!

My work brings me to Hawaii once a month so maybe I'll see you on the flight one day! Take care

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #20 of 195
Audioholikz! Iv dipped my feet In the water for audiophile grade earphones for my commute To work. I am pretty New to this except for I used To manage a High end car audio shop ( So I'm familiar with ohms laws and EQ's[I like to think] )

These Hybrid Drive NCM's really intrigue me. I love The sound from dynAmic drivers. My favorite headphones so far I have heard are the RHA t-20i's ( I haven't tried too many ) and I want more! 2 days ago I ordered the Audeze Isine LX and Fender FXA6 Hybrid (hugeeeee sale on Amazon, only 239.99 ) iem's to try them out or return.( If you recommend others below 600$ for listening to Chainsmokers type music/R&B/ and Hip-Hop please comment[ I like volume and clarity] ) I used to be really interested in the AAW ahx or ah3 Hybrid uiem's but no one has really reviewed them.

My questions Is a total newby question. I am interested in a set of CIEM'sthe NCM NC5v2 hybrid ( more my price range ) awaiting your review but noticed the frequency response is only 20-20khz. Why is that not that big of a deal? Compared to say the Audeze Isine LX with 5hz-40khz or the Fender hybrid FXA6 or FXA7 with a response of 8hz-24khz.

Again sorry for the newbie question hopefully in your busy schedule to can help a new guys out. Love your channel BTW liked and subscribed!

My work brings me to Hawaii once a month so maybe I'll see you on the flight one day! Take care

My review is coming
Thanks for the sub and the wait.

The freq graph is not standardized and companies play with it. I am a sony fanboy and they spec'd the Z7 to go to 100,000Khz. If I knew how to speak to a brown bat I would ask them if it was true :wink:

See how those isine treat you and if you want a different sound than that the NCM 5 might do ya right

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #25 of 195
Would you recommend these over the Shure 535 or 845's or your U12's ? I returned the Isine LX they were too big for my ears but they did sound amazing, bass wasn't impressive but I was only using Spotify's 320kbps stream. Especially with the cipher cable at 3/4 volume was too loud for me and I like LOUD. Sorry for all the questions but 550$ is a big chunk of change and since they are custom I cannot return them haha

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #26 of 195
Would you recommend these over the Shure 535 or 845's or your U12's ? I returned the Isine LX they were too big for my ears but they did sound amazing, bass wasn't impressive but I was only using Spotify's 320kbps stream. Especially with the cipher cable at 3/4 volume was too loud for me and I like LOUD. Sorry for all the questions but 550$ is a big chunk of change and since they are custom I cannot return them haha

I would rec them and will have my own custom version coming (paying). They are my favorite hybrid and I need them in my life :)

Mar 18, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #30 of 195
Are there any samples available anywhere for these? And did anyone else, but the topic starter, have a listen of these?
@Hawaiibadboy could you directly compare Bellas to any other hi-end iems you've listened to?

I live in Japan...I have heard everything outside of Empire Ears latest and...that's about it.
As hybrid they are superior to the Kumitate Lab hybrids which are considered fantastic here in Japan. I listened side by side with Noble Katana and NCM Bella were more revealing on Fleetwood mac rumours Gold dust Woman...bass was tighter ( BA can be smooth with bass) mid more forward (i like that for vocals) and treble is it's strongest suit..and I am buying the NCM5 V2 because it sounds the same as Bella to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back