NCAA seedings
Mar 17, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #46 of 113
my bracket is screwed, I had Oklahoma and Syracuse in the 16, nevada over montana, and Tennesse in the 16 (they're gonna lose to Wichita State). Sigh.

Mar 17, 2006 at 11:33 AM Post #47 of 113
I think everyone thought syracuse would go further so it evens out.

What's up with the oakland region, #1-3 seeds are all overrated, none of them have been really battle tested. I almost chose Pitt or Kansas to make it to Final Four, settled with UCLA because they had home court advantage.

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #48 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
What's up with all of you folks knowing to pick Montana? I'm out of the loop and in last place in my own league lol! Well it's still early...

I overheard some guys discussing their brackets at lunch the other day. Supposedly, every year at least one #12 upsets a #5 in the first round, and some years it's happened 3 times! I just picked the 2 most likely upsets, Texas A&M and Montana.
biggrin.gif

There are many of you with too much faith in UConn...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 7:47 AM Post #49 of 113
I am dead in the water. Here's an example of one of my brackets...
brack.JPG

And I had KANSAS going to the Final Four out of another bracket - i don't even want to show you what happened to that bracket!

How embarassing to host the Head-fi picks and do suck it up so badly!

Mar 18, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #50 of 113
wow, thanks for giving Cal some credit. too bad it didn't work out though.

Mar 18, 2006 at 1:41 PM Post #52 of 113
Quote:

I am dead in the water. ...
How embarassing to host the Head-fi picks and do suck it up so badly!

Meh, it's all for fun anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif
Once UNC loses I'll be out of the running, too. I can't believe how close the game against Murray St. was... They looked like a buncha freshmen!
rolleyes.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #53 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkisz
Once UNC loses...<snip>

Ack!

Me and my big mouth
rolleyes.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #54 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkisz
Ack!

Me and my big mouth
rolleyes.gif

Damn! And with an easy pass through Wichita St to the round of 8.

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #55 of 113
i had duke, unc, illinois and villanova in the final 4 and unc and duke in the final with duke winning. two of my brackets are already dead and my duke bracket is all dead but duke. only my villanova bracket is still alive - and i ALMOST had georgetown vs. villanova there, but decided on ohio state even tho the philly in me wanted to pit ewing against the wildcats one more time...i shoula listened to my heart!

Mar 20, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #56 of 113
Quote:

i had duke, unc, illinois and villanova in the final 4 and unc and duke in the final with duke winning. two of my brackets are already dead and my duke bracket is all dead but duke. only my villanova bracket is still alive - and i ALMOST had georgetown vs. villanova there, but decided on ohio state even tho the philly in me wanted to pit ewing against the wildcats one more time...i shoula listened to my heart!

Duke/UNC would have been an awesome final. You (we) shouldn't feel too bad--this tournament is almost always loaded with upsets. U/Conn and Duke look strongest now, I think.

Hey, who is doing the womens' tournament??? UNC still looks killer there!
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #60 of 113
x3. Ever since Laettner broke my beloved U.K.'s heart long ago in that famous (best ever?) elite eight game, I can't stand the sight of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back