NCAA seedings
Mar 13, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #16 of 113
Other than Tenn. getting a #2 seed my only real gripe with the bracket is how did Air Force get a bid when Cincinnati didn't? Also it was nice to see more of the smaller conference teams getting in this year.

Mar 13, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #18 of 113
Except the big east is a far superior conference and they did beat LSU, WVU, Marquette and Syracuse. Maryland and FSU didn't make it because the ACC was bad this year and in FSU's case in particular played one of the weakest non-conference schedules in the nation.

I just hope Pitt makes it out of the first round they are stuck as one of the dreaded 5 seeds and Kent State did beat them a few years ago in the tournament.

Mar 13, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #19 of 113
National Championship = KU vs. UNC. Prepare yourselves for the game of the ages.
icon10.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #22 of 113
for me the fun part of our league will be to have everyone show their hand on friday - "you picked WHO to go all the way?"
eek.gif
evil_smiley.gif

so maybe i'll change my Duke pick just to keep folks guessin'!

Mar 14, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #23 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
so maybe i'll change my Duke pick just to keep folks guessin'!

Or maybe because you know JJ is gonna <CHOKE!>
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #24 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
I'm going for UCLA all the way! does head-fi have a tournament thing?

UCLA won't make it past Gonzaga
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #25 of 113
Ok, here's what's going to happen. Arizona (an 8th seed) is going to beat whoever they have first round and end up with Villanova in the second. They SHOCK THE WORLD and beat Villanova and breeze through the rest of the tournament and win the NCAA.

I hate basketball and I know nothing about it, but if Arizona is playing basketball I have to root for them.

Mar 14, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #26 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
smily_headphones1.gif

I wouldn't be so sure about that, as Stanford nearly ended the Zag's home winning streak...leading most of the game, but losing by 4. Meanwhile the Cardinals lost to UCLA both times during the season by an average margin of 18 points.

A lot of people suggested thoughout the season that the Pac 10 is weak this year, but I'm hoping they'll prove people wrong at the tournament.
icon10.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #28 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Coal
National Championship = KU vs. UNC. Prepare yourselves for the game of the ages.
icon10.gif

Sounds good! With all those Frosh, these teams will be great next year too!

Mar 14, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #29 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
smily_headphones1.gif

Wait a second; when did Gonzaga start playing defense and beat Indiana?

This year's Gonzaga is perhaps the worst defensive team I've seen rated in the top five all year.

-Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back