NCAA seedings
Mar 13, 2006 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 113

daycart1

Ceremonial old guy, bifocals and all.All the philosophy he can muster can't solve the mysterious double-post.
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Posts
4,710
Likes
12
Not too many surprises this time. The #1 seeds were pretty straightforward, though if OSU wins the big 10, they'll look good after the fact. None of the top teams finished really strongly this year...

And it is hard to see how Tenn. got the last #2 seeding.... I'm hoping for the Tar Heels to repeat this year, though that is a long shot (they are seeded #3).
 
Mar 13, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 113

jbloudg20

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Posts
2,306
Likes
10
UConn baby!!!

This campus is always crazy this time of year
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
 
Mar 13, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 113

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Posts
21,332
Likes
32
I went pretty traditional. Duke all the way!

Gang, if you want to sign up and do this thing for free, go to Yahoo Fantasy Sports and join this Private group-

Group number - 57471
Password - curse

The Group's name is Head-fi
, hope Jude doesn't mind. No gambling, sidebets are all "hear no evil, see no evil" and since I'm the admin of the group, any smack talk will be totally allowed since I wouldn't know where to find the ban button if it was attached to my arse. Have fun!
 
Mar 13, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 113

jbloudg20

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Posts
2,306
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I went pretty traditional. Duke all the way!

Gang, if you want to sign up and do this thing for free, go to Yahoo Fantasy Sports and join this Private group-

Group number - 57471
Password - curse

The Group's name is Head-fi, hope Jude doesn't mind. No gambling, sidebets are all "hear no evil, see no evil" and since I'm the admin of the group, any smack talk will be totally allowed since I wouldn't know where to find the ban button if it was attached to my arse. Have fun!



I refuse to join since you chose Duke
biggrin.gif
 
Mar 13, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #5 of 113

ScubaSteve87

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Posts
1,033
Likes
10
I can;t beliueve Tenn got a 2 seed. Wow that suprised me. Watch out baby. Villinova is making a run, but watch out for OSU
 
Mar 13, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #6 of 113

granodemostasa

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 19, 2005
Posts
3,760
Likes
12
I'm going for UCLA all the way! does head-fi have a tournament thing?
 
Mar 13, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #7 of 113

Oski

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 17, 2005
Posts
1,482
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
I'm going for UCLA all the way!


Not Cal?
tongue.gif
Roll on you Bears!!! But yeah, UCLA got stronger and stronger, and are probably in top form now. I think they are definitely Final 4 material.
 
Mar 13, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #8 of 113

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Posts
21,332
Likes
32
i reserve the right to change my picks to maximize crushing my fellow head-fi members!
 
Mar 13, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #9 of 113

granodemostasa

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 19, 2005
Posts
3,760
Likes
12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
Not Cal?
tongue.gif
Roll on you Bears!!! But yeah, UCLA got stronger and stronger, and are probably in top form now. I think they are definitely Final 4 material.



I'd love to pick cal, but i'm realistic. i'll be happy if they make it to the top 16. in any case, Go Bears!
 
Mar 13, 2006 at 3:02 PM Post #10 of 113

Oski

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 17, 2005
Posts
1,482
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
I'd love to pick cal, but i'm realistic. i'll be happy if they make it to the top 16. in any case, Go Bears!


Yeah, I can't say I'm too optimistic on them making the Sweet 16, as even if they beat NC State, they'll have a VERY difficult Texas team to contend with (that is unless Penn has a miraculous upset). In any event, I hope Powe sticks around for another year. Go Bears!
 
Mar 13, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #11 of 113

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Posts
21,332
Likes
32
BTW my makeshift tourney is open till thursday, which is the deadline to pick teams, so join up! then we can ignore the board there and just talk smack here, hehe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top