NBA Playoffs!
Jun 8, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #556 of 827
Epic series... Nowitzki should take the Finals MVP no matter the outcome IMO, His greatness deserves to be named properly. But Wade is just as incredible as well... so much star power. but eventually it was Dallas as a whole who won today and that's a first time it happens in the Finals thus far.  Go Mavs!

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #557 of 827

Quote:
Nowitzki should take the Finals MVP no matter the outcome IMO, His greatness deserves to be named properly.

^ I agree with this sentiment.

Lebron pulled a disappearing act.  He was great against the Bulls, but he's not in good form this series.  Chalmers also fell back to earth after several good games.  Wade and Bosh kept the Heat in this one.  Miami has a bad habit of collapsing in the 4th, always letting Dallas get close for the chance to win.

"Why should you never let Lebron James make change for a dollar?  He never gives you the 4th quarter."  Lol.

Jun 8, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #559 of 827
Besides the last 50 seconds (and besides free throws) the game was scoreless for about 4 minutes at the end of the 4th quarter.  13 straight attempts by both teams; 0 baskets.  Good looks too, just a mediocre offensive performance.  Can't really say I'd give either team the credit of trying to "close out."

Glad it went the Mavs way in the end.

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #560 of 827
King James has been has been neutralized by the Matrix in this series. Tonight he wasn't even the second-best player on his team. Hats off to the Mavs, they hung together and played like one. A team, that is. What a series!

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #561 of 827
To me, it seems like both teams are trying their very best to neutralize each other's tactics depending on how they perform in each game. At this rate, Miami will win. But if LeBron don't shape up, Mavs are going to take this series home.

Jun 8, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #562 of 827
Some interesting stats from Hoopdata:

Scores in the final 6 minutes (24 minutes total):
Game1: MIA 17, DAL 15
Game2: DAL 20, MIA 5
Game3: DAL 12, MIA 7
Game4: DAL 11, MIA 7

Total: DAL 58, MIA 36

If you consider that a "halftime" score, Dallas is up 22 at the half.  In crunch time!  Miami has led in all games at the 42 minute mark, btw.  This is pretty serious for Miami, they have suffered huge collapses in the last three games.

Jun 8, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #564 of 827
James keeps exhorting the Heat to "play more desperate", but that stat says that it's the Mavs that want it more. The next game should decide the series but it's still more of a must-win for Dallas with the last two back in Miami.

Jun 8, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #565 of 827
I should add, the 11 to 7 stat in Game 4 doesn't do Dallas's comeback justice, iirc Miami was up 9 earlier in the 4th quarter.

It feels like to me Miami doesn't have the mental toughness.  Athleticism and playmaking ability up the wazoo, but no mental toughness; when things start to go badly, they really fall apart.

EDIT: Just found the stat - Miami was up 74-65 with 10:12 to go.  Dallas rallies with a 21-9 run.

Jun 8, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #567 of 827
The King, His Floppiness (click below):

And just to bag on Lebron a little more - He's had a total of 9 points in the 4th quarter this series.  Dirk has averaged 11.0 in the 4th.  That's 44 points folks.  (Wade has a total of 30, in case you were wondering.)  Comparisons to Jordan appear unwarranted, to say the least. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #568 of 827
^ Wow, that is impressive flopping, completely calculated. He made the move with the intention to sell a foul. I think the NBA should fine such acts. 100,000 bones for that. Take away his club money for a week. See how he feels then!

Jun 8, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #570 of 827
Gods!  Who has time for the TV when there's so much music. 

Or in other words, only college ball is worth watching, and then only if it's the Tar Heels!  (I'll watch just about any college game)

Disclaimer; Pro ball sucks, just a money making machine.  College ball may be going that way but I still think it's for the love of the game for most coaches and players at the college level.
Disclaimer 2; If you want to watch some pure basketball nowadays go to a high school game or watch the ladies play.

But this is from a guy who played high school in the 70's, so I might be lost in the glory days, if collecting splinters is glorious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back