NBA Playoffs!
Apr 27, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #151 of 827

Quote:
But they were badass dunks for sure 
beerchug.gif

Slightly off-topic... Best in-game dunker in their primes: Kobe, T-Mac, Carter?

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #152 of 827
Oh that's easy for me - half human, half amazing. But you know my first thought was Sean Kemp before all the Kentucky Fried Chicken. 

Not married, but the chica is okay. I have been enlisted to attend a wedding this weekend. That is worth about 100 NBA games as far as I'm concerned. BTW, did I miss who you root for Bang? 

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #153 of 827
Kemp was good but Dr. J was the king until MJ dethroned him. The new dunkmaster is Blake Griffin, that guy is surreal. But an honorable mention has to go to the Spudster, he is my size for chrissakes:

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #154 of 827
In-game, that's a no on J and Spud. MJ? I thought the other guys had more pop at the rim, but he is MJ so okay. BG? He's a Sooner, so I'm completely biased. That is absolutely correct.

This Griz/Spurs game has been friggin' awesome. 

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #155 of 827
Crazy. Wish I would have been there tonight. Got to watch end of Spurs/Grizzlies -- Crazy! Some of these first round games have been amazing.

OKC. . Not a great game by Russell. Hope he gets back to normal. Nuggets played well and this is an impressive win for Thunder. Harden came up big. Ibaka the master.
SA. . . Still not counting them out. I like Spurs in game 6. But it's getting tough to keep picking against Grizzlies.

Lakers, Blazers, Hawks, and another vote for Blake Griffin.

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #156 of 827
I can't believe the Spurs got away with that one (and ruined my prediction of their demise lol)! When they called back Ginobli's three at the end of regulation I know the Grizzlies could taste it. It ended a lot like the Thunder game, if it had been in Memphis the Spurs would be done. But coaching played into it, Memphis really dropped the game with the defense they called at the end of regulation. I don't think the next one will be close but who knows, maybe the Spurs will stay in their overtime groove. But ZR owned Duncan, esp. in the 4th. Grizzlies in 6!

On another note, KD just keeps getting better and better; what a treat it is to watch him close out a game, and a team.

Dr J dunked plenty in games, I seen it! Also don't forget that MJ invented, and patented the dunklogo, here's one with some pop:

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #157 of 827
^ Actually it's called the Jumpman logo, still used on Jordan Brand shoes to this day. Webb dunked in games too, just not was nasty as the other guys mentioned. Oh and your edit was in the dunk contest

J W:
Crazy. Wish I would have been there tonight.

Friend texted me and said it was the loudest he's ever heard it. Now I'm a little worried about Russ too. This isn't the time to be questioning your game. 

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #158 of 827
Yeah my man Spud won that contest! I think he's only 5' 8" tall, what a stud. Spud the stud!

Dunklogo is my own patented invention then, MJ would have to pay me royalties (or give me some sweet shoes) if he wants to use it 
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #159 of 827
Mah boys OKC through, should be an interesting second round. I'm thinking Memphis will close out game 6 and they will be OKC's next match up. Westbrook needs to get his shooting back up to scratch, lucky he had the Durantula carrying them home. Ibaka, 9 blocks? GTFO the paint!

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #160 of 827
Memphis should have fouled.  1.7 seconds left?  Spurs had no time outs right?  Should have been game over right there.

Spurs might actually win the series now, I think.  For those younger guys in Memphis, this was more than just a loss of a game, it was a crushing psychological blow too.  Going to be hard to recover for a young, inexperienced team.

Apr 28, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #162 of 827
The Spurs barely got out of it alive and Randolph owned Duncan in the fourth. I know that they are experienced, but Memphis has a swagger to them and their coach took all the blame for the way he called the defense at the end of regulation when the Spurs scored 5 points in the final 2.2 seconds to force the overtime. Memphis had just roared back from a huge deficit to take a 5-point lead with less than 2 minutes left and didn't have an overtime in them. The Grizzlies are pretty new at this, but dating to last season the Spurs are 2-7 in the playoffs. All San Antonio has done so far is avoid being eliminated on its home court for the third consecutive year.

Apr 28, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #163 of 827
Virometal, Money on OKC, heart in CHI (was a huge MJ fan since '86, not a huge DRose fan, though). As someone who doesn't live in the US, it's easier for me to root for multiple teams, and I hope you guys can understand that. A part of me is also rooting for Boston simply because Rondo reminds me a lot of myself before I broke my ankle multiple times.

I hope Westbrook doesn't continue this being passive. It's that aggressiveness that makes him a top-flight PG. That stadium in OKC was really designed to be loud, like the old Spurs arena and the Rose Garden.

For a moment there, I though we were headed for this:

I agree, MJ doesn't have that "pop" on a consistent level. I vote for T-Mac (pass off the backboard not once, not twice, not three, but four), but the Carter-over-Weiss dunk is head and shoulders (no pun intended) best in-game dunk. Ever.

Apr 28, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #165 of 827
The Wade dunk off the LeBron feed last week was pretty good:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back