NBA Finals Thread!!
Jun 16, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #46 of 60
OK...1...2...3...

AWWWWW!!! POOOOOOOOOR KOBE!!!!!

BTW - Has anyone heard whether or not Kobe has guaranteed that he'll prevail in his court case?

Jun 16, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #47 of 60
im usually a laker fan, but i gotta give it to them...pistons played really well and kobe is a ball hog so pistons deserved it.

Quote:

BTW - Has anyone heard whether or not Kobe has guaranteed that he'll prevail in his court case?

didnt he plea guilty? anyhoos, does anyone know the penalty if he does lose the case?

Jun 16, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #48 of 60
Kobe cost the Lakers the title. If they had played any semblance of team basketball, I'm thinking they could have made it a LOT more competitive.

I'm kind of thinking that Kobe mailed it in...sort of a final screw YOU to his Laker teammates who will not miss him when he's gone next year. The only question is where? My money is on the Colorado Correctional League.

Jun 16, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #49 of 60
Going into tonights game, I was certainly optimistic that the Pistons could, and should win it and wrap things up, but you never really know for sure what can happen.
However, it was with great relief that I saw Aretha Franklin appear to perform the national anthem. At that point, fate had spoken, and I knew we had it in the bag. It's all over when the fat lady sings!

JC

Jun 16, 2004 at 5:02 AM Post #50 of 60
What a beautiful series. Sorry Laker fans, someone else deserved it so much more this year.
biggrin.gif

Once the game was over I could have sworn that Kobe had shot something like 25%. It turned out to be 7-21, but man, he didn't help anyone with that performance. Further proof that he's no Michael Jordan, despite the occasional last-second heroics. Now he goes back to a different court.

Jun 16, 2004 at 5:17 AM Post #51 of 60
It will be nice to see the 2005 Lakers. Will Karls and Payton there still? Will Shaq ask for more money? Where will Kobe goes? Will Phil coach another year? Congrats to the Piston!!

Jun 16, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #52 of 60
Nice game for any non-Lakers fans. The final score wasn't reminiscent of just how bad the beating the Lakers endured really was. They were outclassed in every single way imaginable, and were not used to the treatment.

I too am interested to see what the Lakers do next year. With Rush and Walton maturing for another year they have some serious potential.

Jun 16, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #53 of 60
The Lakers got flat out embarrassed the ENTIRE series.

Game 2 was a lucky win that they squeaked out ... Detroit dominated at home and took the series.

Congrats to the Pistons, Coach Larry Brown, Bill Davidson and the Detroit fans.

I'm hoping for a 2005 Sacramento vs. Detroit Finals ...
icon10.gif

Jun 16, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #54 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Kobe cost the Lakers the title. If they had played any semblance of team basketball, I'm thinking they could have made it a LOT more competitive.

I'm kind of thinking that Kobe mailed it in...sort of a final screw YOU to his Laker teammates who will not miss him when he's gone next year. The only question is where? My money is on the Colorado Correctional League.

I had a feeling you couldn't make it through this thread without multiple, cheap rape jokes
rolleyes.gif
. An inspiration to Pistons fans everywhere.

Jun 16, 2004 at 6:00 AM Post #55 of 60
Congrats to Detriot. Its a good year for them winning the stanley cup and be NBA champs in a span of a week.

Being a Laker fan I never tought I would say this but, LA has to trade Kobe. I cant understand why he has to take 25 shots while only making 1/3 of it while Shaq can only get this hands on the ball sparingly while making more than half his shots. Hopefully they could get a good outside scorer like Ray Allen in a trade with Kobe.

I do hope Karl goes back of another year. I dont know what to think about Payton, maybe he was just not used to playing with another superstar in the backcourt, old age is creeping up or most likely he just can't flourish in the triangle offense. I don't like the way he played defense AND offense the whole year. They need to get rid of Kobe and Payton and try to get better outside shooters in return. They could still be successful if only they can find a way to give the ball to Shaq and make the shot then the ball is passed back to them.

Jun 16, 2004 at 7:07 AM Post #57 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion
The Lakers got flat out embarrassed the ENTIRE series.

Game 2 was a lucky win that they squeaked out ... Detroit dominated at home and took the series.

Congrats to the Pistons, Coach Larry Brown, Bill Davidson and the Detroit fans.

Well put.
Cept for you left out Joe Dumars.
The only real travesty was the whole team could not have been given the MVP award. They definitely showed what a bunch outcasts and throw away players can achieve when they all work together.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't wait for the party.
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2004 at 7:28 AM Post #58 of 60
I'm tired of hearing that the Pistons have no superstars. After watching the finals and really having a tough time thinking about who deserved the MVP, I think that they're all superstars. I've followed the NBA for 15 years and I don't think I've ever seen better TEAM ball. Screw one-three superstar teams... this is how the game should be played. Just beautiful.

Jun 16, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #59 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by utdeep
I'm tired of hearing that the Pistons have no superstars. After watching the finals and really having a tough time thinking about who deserved the MVP, I think that they're all superstars. I've followed the NBA for 15 years and I don't think I've ever seen better TEAM ball. Screw one-three superstar teams... this is how the game should be played. Just beautiful.

Well said. It takes five guys working together as a team to win games. It's even better when those five guys also happen to be awesome deensively like the Pistons team. It seemed that those five guys on the court played without a need to feed their egos, and would pass off to a guy mroe open, even if they thought they could take the shot themselves. Kobi seems to take shots when he shouldn't WAY more often than he should.

A good example of how the Lakers didn't pass off a shot was on Sunday's game when Shaq qas hot in the first quarter. He had something like 18 points in the quarter, then suddenly didn't get the ball again during more than half of the second quarter. Consequently, the Lakers lost a lot of ground in that quarter.

Jun 16, 2004 at 10:21 AM Post #60 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by corvette68
I had a feeling you couldn't make it through this thread without multiple, cheap rape jokes
rolleyes.gif
. An inspiration to Pistons fans everywhere.

Lighten up, Francis....

There are no cheap rape jokes here...these are cheap PRISON jokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back