NBA Finals Thread!!
Jun 7, 2004 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
I've just finished watching something that has made me question my judgment - the Pistons vs Lakers game 1.

My prediction has been that Detroit is going to get killed, that they didn't have anyone to match up with Shaq or Kobe. I may have been a bit premature...we'll see how things go for game 2. However, I've got to tell you that I'm excited about what I saw tonight. Perhaps Goliath can be slain??
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 60
wrong. lakers got owned...BOOOOOOOO!!!! anyways, they'll win tomorrow tho... cuz tonight the pistons hit their threes, good offense boyzzz

Jun 7, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 60
any defense that can hold shaq, kobe, malone, payton, etc. to 75 points is a force to be reckoned with. i'll still take the lakers in 6, though.

Jun 7, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #4 of 60
hell, i'm kind of hoping for lakers in 7. damn finals week messing up my nba finals.

whatever, go lakers.
cool.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #5 of 60
Go Pistons. Damn Lakers cost me $1,500 once.

Though I can only assume that if the rest of the Lakers actually wake up and score a few next time around, there might be trouble.

Jun 7, 2004 at 5:23 AM Post #6 of 60
Shaq and Kobe are slackers, but now that they are behind, they'll probably pull it together enough to take the series in 6

Jun 8, 2004 at 1:08 AM Post #9 of 60
Pistons in 6. Nobody was giving them a chance and they showed what they can do. They call it ugly but i love defensive b-ball. No true superstar, Now thats what i call a team.

Jun 8, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #10 of 60
I'm sure hoping that what we saw in Game 1 is representative of what we'll see the rest of the way. I doubt VERY much that it is.

I'll be interested to see what happens in Game 2 tomorrow night. That will tell me a lot about how the rest of the series may go. I will say this: it's clear that the Lakers have not faced a defensive team like the Pistons.

Jun 8, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #11 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
I'm sure hoping that what we saw in Game 1 is representative of what we'll see the rest of the way. I doubt VERY much that it is.

I'll be interested to see what happens in Game 2 tomorrow night. That will tell me a lot about how the rest of the series may go. I will say this: it's clear that the Lakers have not faced a defensive team like the Pistons.

Exactly right, Tom. Still, I dont expect the Pistons can win, in the end, either, but........if we can take them to six games, we have by FAR exceeded what any of the experts predicted! GO PISTONS! The Lakers are the evil empire!

Jun 8, 2004 at 6:48 PM Post #12 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
I will say this: it's clear that the Lakers have not faced a defensive team like the Pistons.

The Spurs can play defense as good as the Pistons. They allowed the same the points per game average as the Pistons. But the Spurs have to play more games against Dallas, Sacramento and the Lakers, while Detroit regularly gets to play most against eastern conference teams like Chicago, Philadelphia and Toronto. Not fair!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, im just hoping Phil Jackson figures out the Piston's tough defense just like what he did in the series vs. San Antonio where they were blown away by the Spurs in the first two games.

Jun 8, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 60
Here's a little math:

Shaq takes 16 shots, hits 13

The rest of the team takes 57 shots (27 from Kobe), hits 16

Perhaps Shaq should get the ball more and Kobe should shoot less? I mean, 16 fg attempts for Shaquille O'Neal in the finals is a disgrace! Especially with Bryant launching up 27! What?

The lakers never cease to amaze me by having the single most potent, unstoppable force in basketball, and never using it!

Jun 9, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #14 of 60
Haha. Game 2 was funny. The Pistons really choked when they could have finished the Lakers off!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back