Naturespace Holographic Sound- sounds from the forest, sea and air
Jun 2, 2013 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GSARider

2013 London, UK meet organiser
Some of you have probably already come across www.naturespace.com but I thought it was worth mentioning again. Fantastic recordings of natural sounds and worth a listen. Worth it to test the response from your headphones and how much detail they deliver. Two versions are delivered with each track purchase - one for IEM's and one for full size headphones @ $3.00 for both versions.

The recording process for these tracks is pretty cool

My only gripe is that they only supply AAC Files at 320 kbps - have emailed requesting lossless files.

Still they deliver some amazing sounds and worth a download. They have a demo track of around 10 mins free on their site - give it a try.

Quote from naturespace site:
We have all grown accustomed to the inaccurate space of conventional stereo recordings under headphones; in fact spatial accuracy is not a consideration for many people even when listening over speakers. For most people, music is more about the groove and melody and lyrics than it is about spatial accuracy. But human hearing is capable of very accurate spatial localization, and through the use of headphones we can take full advantage of it.

In addition, most recordings these days are done with microphones placed in a fixed position in relation to the subject being recorded. This is entirely appropriate when recording a cello or a vocalist. But a river has sound coming from all along it’s length, and a fixed perspective fails to uncover the beauty that is there to be heard. So we move around, examining all the details as we transition from one area to another. Static natural ambiences are transformed into journeys. Moving through an environment is more interesting, and allows for an even greater ability to trigger imagination and creative visualization, which is the main goal of our Journeys and Natural Spaces.

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 4
I bookmarked this site years ago, but haven't opened it since. Thanks for the reminder. The demo didn't really impress me back when I had a pair of Grado SR-80s, but it's a whole different story with the headphones I've got now. I think I may end up buying a few tracks.

They don't seem to have all their tracks available on their site; but they do have an app on the Windows 8 store(as well as the Apple store I guess). Hopefully they've got the rest of them available there... I'm pretty sure the app includes a few full-length tracks for free as well.

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back